Saturday, April 12, 2008

Isaac turns 5!

Happy Birthday to Isaac!
Not so long ago he was a cute little baby!
Now our little boy is five and still as cute and silly as ever. This morning he went with his friend Garret and Garret's dad to D.C. They rode the metro and went to the Museum of Natural History a.k.a. the Dinosaur Museum. They had a great time, they were very excited that they got to use their umbrellas when it rained a little. One gift we give our kids on their birthday, is wishes. Today Isaac got 5 wishes. His first wish, of course, was to have game day (so they could play on the Wii and the computer) Game day is normally only on Fridays. His second wish was that he wouldn't have to do his chores. Smart kid! He made 3 other simple wishes and was very happy when I said "wish granted." Oh, 1 of his other wishes was to have "spikey" hair just like Zach's Mii. Then..."Mom, you have to change me on the wii so I look like I look when I look like Zach!" Isaac's mii is on the left next to his cousin Zach's mii.I did my best to grant the hair wish, and he was very happy with the results.We had chicken roll-ups for dinner, at Isaac's request. Then it was time for presents and cake! He was so funny at present time and some of his reactions were hilarious. His expressions are so animated! He was really excited about all of his gifts. Time for cake and ice cream. Isaac has Pokemon on the brain right now, thanks to his 2 older brothers, so his cake is a Pokeball (a ball that holds the Pokemon until you use it...or something like that!) I think it turned out well, and he loved it so that's what matters. Oh, he also requested that the inside of the cake be green - "wish granted!" Happy Birthday Isaac, we love you, we don't know what we would do without you...we probably wouldn't laugh as much as we do if we didn't have you!

5 comments:

Greg and Blythe said...

Happy Birthday Isaac! You know Kiersten, you've really started something with these blogs. I'm addicted to looking at your posts!
Love you!
-Blythe

Julia Harps said...

Kiersten! I Love that cake. My Ammon has a birthday coming up in May and I am going to make one just like it. THanks for the great idea. This blogging stuff is great! You are truly a super mom.

Melanie said...

I love Isaac's reactions. Sounds like he had a special day all around. I like the no chore wish. I want that for my birthday.

andrea said...

Wow--birthdays just keep coming at your house, huh? That cake rocks! Brandon was reading over my shoulder and you should've heard his gasp of admiration....very impressive.

Robyn said...

No way that he is 5 years old. I swear that kid is about 2. Time is a weird thing, isn't it? Cute little guy.