Monday, November 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Grace!

Seven years ago (I really can't believe it's been that long) we were blessed with a precious little girl. She has brought so much love and joy to our family, we wouldn't know what to do without her. She is such a sweet girl full of creativity, imagination, silliness, hugs and kisses...and so much more.

She made the most of her birthday by waking up early to see dad before he went to work, then she used one of her 7 birthday wishes for breakfast in bed. Oh boy, did she ever love that! Some of her other birthday wishes were...come home from school early, special game day, extra snuggle time with mom, extra bedtime songs from mom and dad, and of course...no chores!

She got a lot of great presents, most of them geared toward her love for art and creating. Although I have to say that she was super excited to have her own pack of Icebreakers, and having her daddy bring her flowers. She is also looking forward to shopping with me tomorrow for her gift from Grandma and Grandpa Bush...a new dress!

By the way, she helped decorate her cake this year, we had a great time doing that together.

We sure love our Gracie and hope she had a fabulous birthday!

9 comments:

Jason and Amy said...

Grace, what a beautiful young lady you are growing into. Happy Birthday from friends that don't know you like we'd like to but love you just the same.

Tina said...

You guys know how to do birthdays right! Happy Birthday Grace!

LeeAnn said...

Happy Birthday Grace!! You share a bierthday with 2 of my favorite people, my son Aaron and my brand new granddaughter, Victoria!! Looks like you had a great day!

Robyn said...

7! Can you believe 7 years old? Crazy. That is quite the cake you two! And I love your birthday wish idea.

Kristy said...

She is so darling! she looks just like her daddy.

Looks like she had a lot of fun helping with her cake and with the presents.

Your home looks gorgeous!

We get to do the birthday thing on Friday...except ours is turning FOURTEEN! ACK!

Sylvia said...

Happy Birthday Grace...we love you!
Looks like you had a great day :)
Great job on the cake decorating...what would your mom do without you?

mnhvance said...

I love that little (not so little) girl! I found a note under Isaac's bed on Sunday that said something like "Dear Gracie, I love you. Happy Birthday..." I'll have to find it and give it to her. We love you Grace!

Joel (Bob) and Dresden said...

We love you Grace! Happy Birthday!

Bob and Raylene said...

Grace, Grandpa and I hope you had a great birthday, sorry that we couldn't be there to celebrate with you. You and your Mom sure did a wonderful job on the cake, it looked beautiful, I bet it was yummy too! We love you.