Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My 11 year old!

Yesterday Noah turned 11 years old. I never get used to my kids getting older, and the fact that Noah is fast approaching those teenage years scares me a little.

The day before his birthday he was a little bit sad and told me that he was afraid that his birthday wasn't going to be good. Well, last night before he went to bed he told me that it was a great birthday. I'm glad that he had a good day and felt special!

Our fun tradition of birthday wishes had Noah thinking hard for a few days leading up to his birthday...testing me out to see if certain wishes would be granted. He made some good choices and had a fun time getting his wishes. His first wish was for breakfast (cinnamon rolls at his request) on the couch...granted! Some of his other wishes were, not having to do his chores, come home from school early, special game day, getting to sit in Dad's seat at dinner time, getting to play a game on Mom's iPhone, lighting his birthday candles, Dad reading extra Fablehaven, free backscratches and songs, staying up late, and getting his own email address (noahszone@gmail.com for anyone who wants to email him)....whew, I think I remembered them all.

For his birthday dinner he asked for oven bbq chicken. After dinner we headed out to scouts, he was very excited to join in with the 11 year old scouts and he looked very nice in his new uniform.

After scouts we hurried home to have present time. Instead of a cake this year, Noah asked for banana splits. I was happy to oblige. We couldn't get 11 candles to stay so we opted for a 1 and a 1 to signify 11. He got some great gifts. (I know he's looking forward to some late night basketball.) He was especially excited to get an iPod and we have already loaded some of his favorite songs on it.





I think he had a wonderful birthday, thanks to everyone who sent birthday wishes his way. He is a great kid and we sure love having him in our family.

Happy Birthday Noah!

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

Looks like you had a great birthday Noah :)
Brighton was upset that he forgot to tell you after Scouts.

Tina said...

He was asking me for favors at his lesson because it was his birthday yesterday . . . I tried to oblige, but finally asked him if giving him one less song to practice was one of his birthday wishes!!!!

Bob and Raylene said...

Hope your b-day was all you hoped for. The pictures sure make it look fun. You are growing into a fine young man - stay that way.