On Wednesday night, Grace and Mike attended their first daddy daughter dinner and dance at the church. I caught myself thinking back on the many daddy daughter dates I had with my Dad... I actually found a picture from one of them, I think I'm about 12 here. (Keep your laughter to a minimum)
Anyway, it was hard to believe that I was on the other side now, watching my daughter starting to create those memories with her Dad.
Such great memories. I love you Dad!
Grace was so cute, she had been looking forward to it for a very long time. When she got home from school that day we started getting her ready. We had fun, girl time talking and laughing while I curled her hair. I just wanted to fold that moment up and put it in my pocket. She is growing up so fast and even asked to wear make-up! What? I'm so not ready for that. I told her she could put on some lip gloss and that was that.
Mike decided to wear his new tux for their date, we figured why not... we bought it, he might as well wear when he can.
Aren't they so cute!
Since it was St. Patrick's Day, Grace wanted to make sure she and Mike had green on, so we added a little ribbon to take care of that.
They had a great time having dinner and learning more about each other. They also learned the Waltz, and had fun trying it out. (Watch out Mike, one of these days I might make good on my threat to sign us up for a ballroom dance class.)
What a special night for both of them.
I'm so thankful that my daughters have such a wonderful father who takes time to be with them and adores them. I look forward to sending them off on many more daddy daughter dates!





3 comments:
Grace looked so excited, can you imagine what she will look like if she was dancing with her prince charming? Little girls are so cute.
How come Mike looked so serious? :)
Beautiful, just beautiful. Isn't it fun to see your children grow up and experience such wonderful occasions?
Also great are fond memories and pictures from the past!
The tux is awesome, and I'm so glad you have that wonderful picture from your own memory file. Someday I'll learn to scan...
Post a Comment