Monday, July 19, 2010

A visit from Tevia and her boys

About 13 years ago when Mike and I were living in Provo, we met some wonderful people. We still keep in touch with several friends from our days in the BYU 82nd ward. Some of our closest friends there were Bret and Tevia Wall. 
Here's a picture of Tevia and I from our world famous Spice Girls lipsync.
I can't even tell you how awesome they are and how much fun we had back in those days. We have tried to keep in touch over the years, and maintain our friendship. These are not the kind of people you want to lose contact with, you just feel blessed to know them.

Well, I got an email from Tevia some months ago telling me that they would be coming out to the east coast to visit Bret's family and that she would like to try to get together. I was so excited and hopeful that we would be able to see them. Time for their trip came around and as Bret is such a busy guy he had to head back to Arizona to take his YM on a camping trip, but Tevia decided to bring her 3 cute boys, Jarek, Malik and Enok, here for a visit.

I was so looking forward to them coming and seriously felt like a little kid as I kept watching through the front window for them to pull in the driveway.

Now, you know you have a true friend when you can just fall back into step and pick up right where you left off. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of our visit with them and my kids are still talking about their new friends.

Our weekend was so fun, mostly we just hung out at the house and had a great time together.
The kids swam in the pool, played on the swingset and the trampoline.
They had fun "texting" each other with some old phones we found.

They all had dirty feet from playing outside,

but I think Anna's were the worst!
They also watched Avatar on tv (the cartoon, not the movie with blue people), played the Wii and the computer. 

Grace and Malik had fun playing in a fort they made.
There was even some, nail painting and hair fixing fun!
                             
On Friday we all went up to Cedarville State Forest to pick up Dallin from his last day at Cub Scout day camp.
He had a great time at camp this year.

One night Tevia and I stayed up until almost 3 o'clock just talking. Another night Tevia and Mike and I and the 3 older boys played the game of things, we laughed a lot. 
On Saturday we went to D.C. and saw some sights. 
We went to the Pentagon memorial (which, by the way, has very nice bathrooms in a trailer right near the memorial.)
Thanks to Enok who pointed it out,
we saw this cute little rainbow.
Then we headed to Arlington Cemetery.

This is the view of the Washington Monument from Arlington.
We drove by the main monuments and down embassy row.
We wanted to go the the Air and Space Museum, but sadly we were running out of time so it didn't happen. Now they have another reason to come back :) 

Anyway, it was so hot, but we still had a good time. The best part was when we headed over to the temple and went to the Visitor's center.
They currently have an art exhibit that I think is a must see. It's a collection of Bronze statues, by an artist named Angela Johnson, depicting the healing power of Jesus Christ. As I walked into the room where the exhibit was, I was overcome by the Spirit that was in the room. The art was amazing and beautiful. This collection is on loan to the church for 3 years and is traveling all over the country, if it comes somewhere near you, I highly recommend you see it. 
We also watched a short movie called "Pioneer Miracle" which was very good.
For me, this was the highlight of our day, being at the Visitor's center and watching the kids and their delight in things of a spiritual nature.

We were sad to see them go, but so happy that we got to have them here. Wish I would have taken more pictures during their visit, I guess I was just enjoying it too much! Hopefully it won't be another 9 years before we get together again!
Oh, and thanks again Tev, for introducing me to Dr. Horrible :) and for showing me all the other cool stuff you showed me, and for being an awesome friend! Love you!

7 comments:

Robyn said...

Those are some cool hairdos coming from a lady with all boys! You sound like the perfect hostess. Maybe we'll have to come visit :)

Bob and Raylene said...

Aren't real friends the best!

andrea said...

How fun is that? You guys both still look so good! Glad we are some of those BYU 82nd friends.

Jana said...

It's great to have friends like that. It's like you never missed a beat. Glad you had a great time.

Kristen said...

Can I just say that the nail polish that Anna sported to church looked awesome, so awesome that Lily wanted it done right when we got home. I stalled long enough and when I finally painted her toes and fingers, she bawled and said it looked horrible and that she hated looking at it. She would not stop crying about it. So I am blaming you guys and your cute selves. haha j/k but I seriously wish I knew how to do that!

Chaoyi said...

i saw that exhibit, it is very powerful. My favorite is probably the First Vision. I am glad your summer sounds so fun filled.

teviawall said...

thanks again so much for letting us crash at your place and all the fun we had! we had such an amazing time. Jarek is already reminding me that we have to go back.

I have to say, we look pretty stunning even after being in the heat all day and sweating like crazy!

Long live BYU 82nd Spice Girls. Dude, we were so fine... :)