Sunday, February 5, 2012

Field trip to Japan

...I wish, ha ha...somehow I think that would cost more than $18.50 a person!

But...what I did get to do was go with Isaac on a field trip on Thursday to the Japanese Cultural Center in D.C. and then we got to have lunch at Sakura (a Japanese steakhouse)



Isaac with his friend Anthony
Isaac seemed to really enjoy the presentation a lot...especially the part when they mentioned Pokémon. He also thought that the idea of people pushers was pretty funny.
After we left the cultural center we headed to Sakura. Even though we have been there before, he was pretty nervous about the fire...he even asked if he could hide under his chair. I promised him everything would be fine and that he would probably even like it.

...yep, I was right, he loved it.
and we both thought the food was delicious.
He had fun trying to use his chopsticks.
I love how he just stabbed the chicken with it...whatever works!
The iPhone makes the bus ride more fun

Although we would have loved to really visit Japan (especially our friends the Brownes and the Smiths) we still had a great day together.

4 comments:

Jason and Amy said...

Looks like you two had fun. That's one of my favorite parts of being mom...spending field trips to gether with my kids. Good fun, good food and great memories. Japanese Steakhouses are our favorite!

Bob and Raylene said...

That was cool! and it made my mouth water - steak yummmmmm.

Jenée's Blog said...

FUN memories!!

Jana said...

What a neat field trip!