I love Stake Temple Day!
Yesterday I spent the whole day in the temple with Mike aka my eternal companion :) and many wonderful friends.
I feel so good when I'm there
and to spend an entire day there is such a spiritual boost!
One interesting thing did happen though this year.
A transformer blew and all the lights went out for a bit,
but then the generator kicked in and we continued without any trouble.
The transformer was repaired before we left.
(I decided it was a decepticon trying to stop the work from being done, ha ha)
After we left we went to Bonefish Grill for some dinner with the Sparks and Stevens. We had never been there, I thought it was pretty good.
Then we came home to a clean house...that was wonderful!
(Have I mentioned before that we have great kids?)
Looking forward to next year...and many visits before then!
4 comments:
I love this place too! There is peace felt there like no other place on earth. Amazing how lucky we are to live so close.
Love that you love the temple.
I have to say, I am a little jealous that you have friends to go with. It is like pulling teeth here to get anyone to do much of anything with us. :(
It's a problem out here. Everyone is so busy working and having their kids in ten billion things, it's impossible to find time to get together with people. I feel like I am a dying breed... Meaning stay at home mom. I don't know who all reads your blog kiersten, but hopefully I don't offend anyone with that comment. I seriously need a friend that has the same goals as me where parenthood is concerned. *sigh*
Anyhow, that wasn't really a comment on your temple post. But I concur, I love going to the temple. Our stake temple day was just last week and I was able to go. It was nice to be there and to have some time to think and pray and reflect. It's a great place to go if you think your sanity is on the edge of collapse. :)
love ya girl.
Wish I lived closer to you Tev, then we could be your friends to do stuff with :)
Love you right back!
Post a Comment