Thursday, September 6, 2012

NYC - Day 2

Day 2 

Breakfast at Tiffany's :)
I even remembered to put on my Tiffany bracelet
that Shell gave me for my 40th birthday last year :)
me, Marcy and Shannon
Mom and Shell

FAO Schwarz
 We loved all the giant stuff they had
My kids were mad that I didn't buy these Pez dispensers
 They had a cool Muppet workshop 
where you could make your own Muppet
(more on that in a later post)
 we had to see the cool lego stuff
  and of course the famous giant piano featured in the movie "Big"
we also found an Etch A Sketch worthy of Marcy's skills!
(seriously...you should see her on an Etch A Sketch,

she is amazing!)

Central Park
This guy was really good!
 We got to listen to him play 
while Shannon got a pencil portrait done
 "our" artist was amazing.
It was so fun watching him draw...he is super talented!
...and so much better than all the other ones we passed.
I kind of wanted to get one done...
but I was too chicken...

The fountain in Central Park
...couldn't help thinking about that big musical number in Enchanted :)

Shannon wanted to visit the place where John Lennon was shot.
...so we did.
One of several tributes to him that we saw. 
On the way back through Central Park we saw this guy
making gigantic bubbles

Mom gave him a tip and he handed her a wand (or whatever it was)
She did pretty well

 so well in fact that he took a break
(can you see him in the background)
we thought it was funny that people were taking pictures
of her making the bubbles
she even made a few tips, ha ha
...but she let the guy keep them :)

Passed this in our walkings today.
"You're Fired!"

After some rest
(we had a pretty full day already)
we got ready to go back out for the evening

First stop was dinner at
Chez Josephine
*review of Chez Josephine*
It was a cute little place named for Josephine Baker.
I think the food was very good, I had a delicious Filet Mignon.
The service, however, was not great.
We waited a long time to order, and a long time for our food.

After dinner we headed over to the Gershwin Theater
Yes, we saw Wicked on Broadway.

Walking back to the hotel we passed Lindy's and stopped in for some dessert.
It was a great, and somewhat exhausting, day!

2 comments:

Bob and Raylene said...

I didn't know I got tips! This was such a fun day. Thanks for the memories.

J and T plus Three said...

So jealous of this post!!!! Was Wicked on Broadway way better than the touring shows???