Yesterday we started a family challenge.
I've been inspired recently by some friends and family, and the size of my bottom :)
(and the image of blowing up to look like a
Macy's Thanksgiving Day balloon, ha ha...thanks Tev!)
So, we are going to go for 30 days without sweets and treats.
...yes and that includes ice cream (what was I thinking!!)
It started out as something that I was going to do, then I asked Mike if he would join me. (It's always easier if you have someone to help you, right?
...either that or misery loves company, ha ha!)
...either that or misery loves company, ha ha!)
Then I thought, why not get the whole family in on it.
At first the kids were a little hesitant, but I think they'll do great.
I have discovered that even just after the first day
it was a unifying thing for us as a family...
That might sound silly, but it really was.
Everyone was helping each other and talking to each other
about temptations that had come up during the day.
Luckily for me, the cupboard where the "sweets" are kept has a lock on it,
so you better believe I locked it and put the key away.
I need all the help I can get!
Why do you think I'm blogging about it?
Why do you think I'm blogging about it?
I guess because It makes me more accountable :)
I don't know what to do about all the ice cream lurking in my freezer...
I don't know what to do about all the ice cream lurking in my freezer...
Anyway, I know that nothing miraculous will come from this...I'm not going to reach my goal weight in 30 days just by avoiding sweets, but I am hopeful that it will help me, well, not just me, my whole family, think more about what we eat and how we snack, so we can make healthier choices.
(Probably overused commas there...oh well!)
(Probably overused commas there...oh well!)
So even though I can hear the stupid candy corn calling my name right now...I'm not going to give in. I'll stay strong...I'll have an apple instead :)
...stupid candy corn!

9 comments:
Nice challenge!
I guess that means i should stock up on apples for this weekend, right?!?
:)
Ha!That is so funny that you like candy corn. I love it. I just bought a bag, but it is still sitting in my cupboard unopened because I am still trying to only have sweets now on the weekend. (this last weekend was bad as I had a small blizzard and a vanilla bean cheesecake in the same day!)
Good job on doing the no sweets challenge. I think you will find that it will make a big difference when you go to step on that scale after going without for the whole month. You'll also realize just how often you eat sweets. I was shocked at how often I would reach for something sugary and then would have to turn away.
Do you guys get to have candy for Halloween??? Will that be the end of the 30 days.
You will all do great! good job on picking a healthy goal.
I am still amazed you got your kids to sign on to this!!!
PLEASE! Comma police? Not!
And, it was so cute yesterday, after piano, when Anna was picking out her treat for piano and asked, "Is there anything healthy in here?" I think I can put her down in the record book for asking that question! It has never been asked of me before. . . . thank goodness for "sugar free" gum!!!
YOU CAN ALL DO IT!
I had decided to give up chocolate candy for a month. Now that seems lame. Maybe I will have to expand my "fast". Just remember not to binge on Halloween. Proud of you all. We do eat too much sugar - for sure!
Wow! I'm really proud. Brook and I did that once and it seriously was so painful the first few days. Good luck!
hahaha, good luck! Your kids must love you a ton to do this with you!!
keep us updated.
I went solo and the kids couldn't wait for me to be done. I didn't lose any weight, b/c I found myself eating stupid stuff like nachos and pizza. It's only bad for the first few days. Good Luck!
Good luck! Although I must say your bottom is my bottoms goal weight! lol :) Oh and it is very good you didn't start this before we ate that pumpkin roll. Can you imagine missing out on that???
Good luck! I wonder if that is something my boys would be willing to do. I wonder if I am willing to go without sweets? :)
Post a Comment