On Saturday the 22nd our baby girl was baptized!
She was so sweet and so excited for this day to arrive.
We had planned to have Anna and her twin cousin Julianne baptized together in Utah. Well...due to circumstances out of our control, that didn't happen (I'll fill you in on all the details of that later) so we made it happen a different way, thanks to technology, and it was still a wonderful day.
Julianne and her family (and a lot of our family) gathered on Saturday at 10am in Utah. We gathered a few friends and some family here at noon.
Mike and my brother Joe had tested and hooked up Skype the day before so that we could still be together for the baptism.
We sang Julianne's choice for opening song and then had an opening prayer and a talk on baptism via Skype from Utah.
We turned it back on and all the cousins in both places sang.
Then Noah gave a talk on the Holy Ghost here (he did a great job)
Then we turned it off again for the confirmations and the Bishops to welcome them. We turned it back on once again for Anna's choice for the closing song and a closing prayer.
I know that the most important thing was that she got baptized, doesn't matter where or when or who's there to witness it...but I'm grateful that we were able to figure out a way to share the day with so many family members. It wasn't what we had originally planned, but I have to say it was the next best thing! I got a little emotional when Mike first turned it on and I saw everyone there.
Anna and Julianne talking
(you can also see my brother Joe and Julianne's older sister Maren.
My mom bought the girls matching dresses.
When we found out we wouldn't be able to be there, they mailed the
dress to us so they could still match on their special day :)
Anna wanted to have lunch at Wendy's after the baptism.
My brother Bob and his kids joined us.
Anna enjoyed her frosty!
Here is Anna's slideshow, from birth to baptism
(I tried to keep it short, but I had a hard time...so it's a little long, (it's about a minute per year) I know most of you might not have the time to watch it, but I know some of you will and I hope you enjoy seeing this sweet girl over the years!)






4 comments:
Oh, my. This made me cry and smile almost at the same time. How I miss you guys. I really liked the picture of Julianne on the monitor with Anna. How precious they are.
Such a *special* day (love technology) and PRECIOUS video of your beautiful Anna! Thanks for sharing :)
So sweet!!!! I know how disappointed you were not to go to Utah but this was really the second best thing. So thankful for technology!!!
WOW, A Skyped babtism. This may be a first? What a wonderful solution!
Post a Comment