Thursday, October 3, 2013

Floating and Flying with Friends

One day I noticed that my friend LeeAnn had posted a link on facebook for a livingsocial deal
to go tubing and zip-lining in Harpers Ferry. 
I commented on her post that we should totally do it before we move. 
Nanette also commented that they would want to do it too
...so we decided to purchase the deal.

We scheduled our trip and went on July 16th.
I'm so glad we did it, it was so much fun!
We started with a relaxing time floating down the river.
We took in the beautiful scenery and talked with each other.
We also got a lot of sun!
I'm bummed that I didn't have my water proof camera to take down the river,
oh well!

After our time on the river we ate our lunch
(our deal included lunch...with a soda, can't forget the soda)
and changed clothes to get ready for the next part of our adventure.
Zip-lining!

I knew I could do it thanks to Going Ape for my 40th bday
But these lines were higher and longer.
My heart was beating pretty fast.
But I got the hang of it and loved it.
It was so much fun and exhilarating too!
Isoms, Volks and Sparks
rocking the helmets :)
What a beautiful view!
This was from the top of the last zip-line.
LeeAnn waving from the ground
What a great day it was!

3 comments:

Joel (Bob) and Dresden said...

That looks like so much fun!

Tina said...

Looks like it was a great time!!! I'll have to put that on my list of things to do while in this area!

Bob and Raylene said...

You obviously have a higher score on your adventure meter that I do. Glad you had so much fun.