Saturday, November 9, 2013

Happy Everything!

I wanted to do something for Mike before he left for his deployment to the Middle East.
I decided that I would do a Happy Everything send off party.
(something I had planned to do for him the first time we thought he was deploying
but then he ended up not having to go)

Anyway...with the help of family and friends we successfully surprised him.
I wanted something to represent the things he would miss while he was away.
 I think it turned out pretty well, and it was fun to see some friends we hadn't seen in a while.
I didn't get pictures of everyone who came...I wish I had, but here are a couple pics I did get.
 We also took the opportunity to have my dad snap some family photos for us.
I love Isaac's bare feet in this one.

7 comments:

Sherri said...

What a *creative* and fun idea!!!

Joel (Bob) and Dresden said...

Coolest idea ever. Wish we could have been there!

Joel (Bob) and Dresden said...

But after typing that, I'm actually glad we were here... we got to see Mike as he left!

teviawall said...

Where do you come up with these amazing ideas, and then where do you find the time and energy to put them into action. I need to come take some lessons from you on how to be amazing. :)

Tina said...

That is a great idea.......(makes me feel somewhat like a heal though ;) )

I recognize those faces! How fun to get together again!

Robyn said...

This is a fabulous idea, although you did make me cry!

Bob and Raylene said...

This turned out very well. It was nice to have so many family and friends by to wish him well.