Sunday, February 16, 2014

Valentine's Day 2014

I saw this idea here and have wanted to try it for a couple of years, so this year I did!
True to form, I waited until the day before to make them, but what can I say...

I think they turned out super cute. My sister Marcy really liked them too and I told her they were pretty easy and offered to make some for my nephew Holden.
The Valentine's were a hit. Everyone seemed to like them. Marcy told me that Holden's teachers and peer tutors went crazy over them :)

Grace, Isaac and Anna each were supposed to make a box to collect their Valentines also.
Grace and Anna had fun decorating their boxes (it's a good thing I have a pretty good supply of shoe boxes)

I saw the idea for Isaac's box on my friend Frances's facebook page, she had made one for her daughter. Isaac loved the idea, so we did it. When I went in to his classroom later that day to help out, I found out that his teacher had made him turn his around because it kept freaking her out. She would look up at the kids and see Isaac's box staring at her, ha ha!
In the evening I went out to dinner at Tepanyaki with my parents, Greg and Blythe and Marcy and Norm. I was able to facetime Mike so we could have a Valentine's Day date :) Technology is pretty awesome!
I think my food was better than his though, he just had a protein shake since it was breakfast time for him.
I had delicious filet and scallops, yum!

1 comment:

Bob and Raylene said...

The valentines were incredible. It was fun doing the techno date with Mike.