A friend in my ward gave me some tickets to the Patriotic Service of the Freedom Festival tonight at the Marriott Center at BYU. The keynote speaker was Laura Bush. I gave the option to come or not. Noah and Dallin wanted to come but they had a youth conference fireside that they felt they should go to. Grace and Isaac stayed home and Anna came with me.
My mom and Dad, and my sister Marcy and her husband Norm came too.
It was really good. I found myself moved to tears a couple of times...I guess I'm pretty patriotic, especially right now ha ha! I really loved the music.
Anyway, Laura Bush was an excellent speaker, and even though there was a totally obnoxious heckler, she was so graceful and poised. I really enjoyed hearing her speak of her days in the White House. So glad I went...I kind of wish I had made the other kids come.
2 comments:
I would have loved to hear Laura Bush! Good choice Anna!
That really was a great experience. Happy that we were with you.
Post a Comment