Well, I was asked to speak and also sing at a morning Independence Day program.
I'm way more comfortable with the singing part...
I don't know why, but I never feel like I do a very good job speaking.
Anyway, it was at 6 am (pretty early to sing) but I was excited to be a part of it.
I spoke a little bit about my experiences with Mike being deployed and then
I sang God Bless America a capella.
Later that day we visited Jan in the hospital...she's having a tough time!
Then we went to a free lunch put on Kneaders for military families...that was cool.
They even had a big tv screen and let us Skype with Mike for a few minutes.
Grace and I took a little mother daughter date to Rita's...yum!!
For dinner I took the kids (including Noah's girlfriend Janna) to J Dawg's.
It was really good and we had a great time together.
Later on we went to Joe and Melanie's for fireworks.
Joe put on a great show!
I'm way more comfortable with the singing part...
I don't know why, but I never feel like I do a very good job speaking.
Anyway, it was at 6 am (pretty early to sing) but I was excited to be a part of it.
I spoke a little bit about my experiences with Mike being deployed and then
I sang God Bless America a capella.
Mom, Dad, Marcy and Kenz came.
Noah and Kenz have really grown close since we've lived here!Then we went to a free lunch put on Kneaders for military families...that was cool.
They even had a big tv screen and let us Skype with Mike for a few minutes.
Grace and I took a little mother daughter date to Rita's...yum!!
For dinner I took the kids (including Noah's girlfriend Janna) to J Dawg's.
It was really good and we had a great time together.
Later on we went to Joe and Melanie's for fireworks.
Joe put on a great show!
I'm so thankful for this country. I think that I've been thinking more about that since I know we will be leaving behind certain freedoms soon. I'm not sure what that will be like...I guess I'll have to wait and see :)
1 comment:
What a memorable 4th that was. Your song and little speech were very good! don't know why you worry. The rest of the day was terrific as well. Good food, friends, fireworks and lots of fun!
Post a Comment