Sunday, April 20, 2008

BYU Management Society Annual Gala Dinner

Ok, last night Mike and I had a neat opportunity. We attended the BYU Management Society's Annual Gala Dinner. Mike sits on the Executive Board as a representative of the J. Reuben Clark Law Society. In one of the planning meetings for this event Mike volunteered me to photograph the event for them. I accepted, even though I was very nervous. I ended up getting some good shots, so I thought I would share some of them with you. The president of the Society told me that he mostly wanted candid shots, not posed, so I got some of both. It was a wonderful night, and the guest of honor was M. Russell Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. In the photos below, you will see some (not all by any means) of the many notable people who were in attendance.
M. Russell Ballard with Senate Majority Leader Harry ReidElder Quentin L. Cook having a laugh with Senator Robert F. Bennett.
Elder Ballard talking with Chinese Ambassador Zhou Wenzhong.
Elder Ballard with Senator Orrin Hatch.
Richard and Nancy Marriott with Ned Hill, Dean of the Marriott School of Management.Elder David L. Cook of the Seventy chatting with Mike at dinner.
He was very nice and fun to talk with.
Ok, here is a picture of me with Elder Cook.
And me with Elder Ballard.We had a good time, great dinner, delicious dessert and fabulous company. Elder Ballard gave a wonderful talk and coincidentally he talked about blogging. He encouraged us to make our voices heard and take part in discussions about the church wherever they may be.

2 comments:

andrea said...

How cool is THAT??? What a neat experiences. And it looks like you did a great job with the photos, too.

Tina said...

Kiersten and Mike . . . .

What an awesome opportunity!!! Gosh, I didn't know I was spending time with such VIP's!!!!!

By the way . . . I love your new header for your blog, it is GREAT!!

Hey, don't you find it interesting that a few years ago, the church was discouraging individual web-sites that were church oriented and asked us to delete them now they have turned a 180 degrees and are encouraging us. I guess they decided they needed to expand the "army" and march forward on the Internet.