Sunday, May 11, 2008

Hats off to Mothers!

I have been thinking a lot about Mothers...Gee I'm sure you can guess why! I have read a lot of other peoples tributes to their moms and other blog post dedicated to mothers and have enjoyed the sentiments they have shared. Although I don't feel that I am a great writer or expresser of words, I am going to go ahead and gush about my mom!
My mom can be summed up in one word...WOW! No that's not just mom upside down, it's my mom in every way!

She is amazing.
She is inspiring.
She is fun.
She is patient.
She is loving.
She is creative.
She is sincere.
She is supportive.
She is spiritual.
She is humble.
She is talented.
She is helpful.
She is thoughtful.
She is charitable.
She is a good listener.
She is beautiful.
She is one of my best friends.
She is my mom.

My mom, like most mothers I know and love, have to wear many hats. We have to be a chef, seamstress, nurse, jester, teacher, disciplinarian, veterinarian, actress, singer, dancer, scientist, coach, cheerleader and chauffeur to name a few. My mom was an expert. I am so thankful to have her as my guide and inspiration as a mother. My sisters and my sisters in law are also great examples to me and I love watching and learning from them too.

I must also make mention of the wonderful women that had a big role in my husbands life. For his mother, his step mother, his aunt and countless others. I am so greatful for them and all they did for him to help him become the man he is today.

I have also been blessed to have made many friends in the different places we have lived and I have learned from all of them. I look to them often for help and ideas. I think moms love to help each other figure out how not to mess up our kids!

So in honor of mothers and all that we do and the hats that we wear, I thought I'd show you some of the "hats" that my children have worn over the years, after all they make what I do worth it. You know me, I will find a way to share pictures of my kids even on a post that focuses on mothers...oh well! I love being a mom!



1 comment:

Melanie said...

I love your mom too. I am glad she is one of my moms