Last night it was Grace's turn to teach the lesson for family home evening. I asked her early on in the day what she would like to teach about. "Bodies," she said very confidently. I asked her if she needed any help. "Maybe with spelling some words," she replied. I told her to go ahead and do her best and try to spell on her own. Well...later on it was time for the lesson and it was great. Mike and I tried not to laugh, we didn't want her to feel self conscious about her lesson and all the work she had put into it.
Anyway, here's her lesson.
a Youvyelle is suomthig that you do not tuch do you know yie?
you dont tuch it or we Miyt throup
and yie do you have a body?
Hoe gave ues ore body's?
We passed her test, I hope you chose well.
The other kids really liked her lesson, who knows maybe one of them had been feeling the urge to touch their uvula and now, they won't...and I (or rather Mike) won't have to clean up throw up.
What a great job she did all on her own, isn't she a cutie! What a joy it is to have her in our family. We love you Gracie!
Body's
Ta Day we will Lrn abaut are body's do you know wute a youvyelle is ? a Youvyelle is suomthig that you do not tuch do you know yie?
you dont tuch it or we Miyt throup
and yie do you have a body?
Hoe gave ues ore body's?
(Translation if you had trouble)
Today we will learn about our bodies.
Do you know what a uvula is?
A uvula is something that you do not touch, do you know why?
You don't touch it or we might throw-up.
And why do you have a body?
Who gave us our bodies?
Today we will learn about our bodies.
Do you know what a uvula is?
A uvula is something that you do not touch, do you know why?
You don't touch it or we might throw-up.
And why do you have a body?
Who gave us our bodies?
Then she had this picture on the back of her lesson and a question for each one of us to answer.
It's a girl who has choices of what to put in her body.
1. no smoking or smoking
2. fish or pizza
3. tons and tons of candy, or 1 candy
4. gum or watermelon
5. banana or laffy taffy
6. fish or PB and J
7. boogers or a popsicle
It's a girl who has choices of what to put in her body.1. no smoking or smoking
2. fish or pizza
3. tons and tons of candy, or 1 candy
4. gum or watermelon
5. banana or laffy taffy
6. fish or PB and J
7. boogers or a popsicle
We passed her test, I hope you chose well.
What a great job she did all on her own, isn't she a cutie! What a joy it is to have her in our family. We love you Gracie!

12 comments:
What a hoot! She is one smart girl--comparing all those foods isn't easy. I love kindergarten spellings!
I love kiddisms! Thanks for sharing such an innocent moment! I needed the laugh!
That's awesome! I won't ever touch my uvula. I had no idea it would make me throw up!! ;)
Gracie, I had a swollen uvula once and it almost choked me. I had to go to the hospital and everything. I didn'y like it very much. I don't ever touch mine.
Grandpa Bush
That really cracked me up! That is so well prepared! Great content! I am stumped, fish or peanut butter or Fish or Pizza? (is this from a kids perspective or a health nut)
I love her drawing portion of the lesson
Love it! What a treasure! How cute. I am glad you preserved it and the drawing and quiz part too. Tell her it was very educational!
Oh MY GOODNESS!!! I am so glad I read your blog today! I have been contemplating touching my uvula, and now I TOTALLY will not!!! Umm...I picked boogers...was that the right answer?
Too cute! Even with your translation I had to look up the word uvula. For me it was always just the hangy-downy-thing in the middle of your throat.
How cute is that!! I wasn't sure what a uvula was until I read everyone's comments. I thought it was some good touch bad touch FHE or something at first. :0 I'm lame and gracie is so cool. That has to make Mom and Dad proud!!!
A fabulous lesson! Get that girl a calling in Sunday School!
I was laughing so hard that I was in tears.
that was the cutest!
Post a Comment