Things were all mixed up at our house today. This morning we announced to the kids that something happened to us and our day was going to be all topsy turvy! I made chicken roll-ups and beans (one of the kids' favorite dinners) for breakfast, and we even gave them chopsticks to eat with. Then we proceeded to tell them that before they were allowed to clean their rooms they had to play some video games. Of course they thought that was great! Isaac asked us since it was topsy turvy day, do the kids get to tell the parents what to do...we told them we weren't quite ready for that much chaos :)
For lunch we had banana splits...another happy moment for everyone.

They were even allowed to play at the table!
We let them wear their pajamas all day and after baths we told them to change into their day clothes and come for prayers. Then mom read to them from Fablehaven instead of dad, and dad sang them songs instead of mom...I know, I know, how can we handle that much craziness! They are now sleeping soundly in their day clothes and in different beds.
We all had such a great time, the kids were never sure what was going to happen next (and mom and dad had a good time surprising them.) Several of them said it was the best day ever and asked if we could do this again.
You never know...it just might happen again someday!
14 comments:
What can I say except that you are the most fun mom ever? You totally put me to shame...but I still love ya:)
What a fun day - I'll steal this one from you!
What an awesome idea. My house is topsy turvy almost everyday! We had breakfast at 12:30, not planned, just happened. What a great family you are!
That is so fun!! You really are super mom!
WOw, you make me feel ike such a mean mom. I don't know how you do it.
Seriously Kiersten. You really are the coolest mom ever and I hope to be half as cool as you, seriously. I bet my kids would give me up in 2 seconds if they knew about you. I won't let them look at your blog.
Did I just use seriously twice in 2 sentences? Cool.
Funnest idea ever.
I love your ideas!! We have incorporated so many and I think we will add this one too! I think you should start a blog with all kinds of fun family activities/routines you guys do! I can't wait to do this with my kids!!
What an awesome idea! Almost makes me want to have my kids be young again so that I can try it!!
Fun, fun, fun! I might have to use that one when Baden gets a tad older. Great idea.
PS Thanks for sharing your thankful moments!
awesome idea! you are the best mom ever!
I am impressed. Where do you get the energy to do all these fun things? I could use some help.
Post a Comment