After our long day at Epcot we were all happy that Hollywood Studios didn't open until 9 o'clock. That gave us time to pack up and check out and have some breakfast. I also took the extra time to get some pictures of us at our Resort.
(Thanks to my brother Bob who made us some Mickey and Minnies on his very cool Disney sewing machine...all I had to do was iron them on to our shirts.) Anyway, we stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter. It was a very nice place, much better than Motel 6.Well, on to Hollywood Studios we went, experts by now at how to get the most out of our time. I really don't understand why more people don't use Fast Pass...it's free and spoiled us because we rarely had to wait in line.
The kids really enjoyed this park. Star Tours was a favorite, as well as the Indiana Jones stunt show and the Jedi Training show. My nephews Jonas and Troy along with Isaac and Grace were chosen from the audience to participate in the Jedi Training. Noah and Dallin were a little disappointed they didn't get to do it, but Noah informed me later on that it was ok because he already knew how to do all of that stuff. I was proud of him for trying to be positive. Isaac took his training very seriously while Grace just had a good time. Isaac got to fight Darth Vader and Grace went up against Darth Maul. I have to say that Darth Maul was awesome. He looked great (he even had yellow and red fire looking contacts in) and he was in character the whole time. I said something about his eyes and he heard me and came right up to me and stared me down, it was a little creepy...but I bet he loved freaking me out a little. In fact when it was Grace's turn to fight him, I yelled, "Go Gracie, get him!" He stopped and gave me a fabulous glare before fighting her. It was pretty funny. Anyway, we left that show with four certified Padawans.

Noah even asked for his autograph. I think this made up (a little) for the Princess lunch. The movie was mostly a glorified trailer of the actual movie, but then they had a bunch of costumes and props from the movie that the kids liked looking at and saying, "That's the actual one from the movie...cool!"
Well our day was drawing to a close, but we had fast passes for the Tower of Terror and the Rockin Rollercoaster, so we used those up and then sat down for a little dinner. On our way out we went into a few shops and got some souvenirs. The kids got some great t-shirts and other little things and Mike and I got some cool mugs. We had a wonderful time, but everyone was ready to go so we got in the car and started the long drive to Grandma and Grandpa's house. We arrived very late and just collapsed...looking forward to some R&R the next day.
Then we headed over to have lunch at Pizza Planet.
The kids thought that was pretty cool, and once again I was thankful to have the dining plan.
After lunch we waited in line (I think this was the longest we ever waited for something...except for maybe the Lion King show at Animal Kingdom) to see Prince Caspian and then watch a short movie. It was worth it though, to watch the kids with him. He was great. Noah and Dallin really liked it.
The kids thought that was pretty cool, and once again I was thankful to have the dining plan.
Noah even asked for his autograph. I think this made up (a little) for the Princess lunch. The movie was mostly a glorified trailer of the actual movie, but then they had a bunch of costumes and props from the movie that the kids liked looking at and saying, "That's the actual one from the movie...cool!"
Well our day was drawing to a close, but we had fast passes for the Tower of Terror and the Rockin Rollercoaster, so we used those up and then sat down for a little dinner. On our way out we went into a few shops and got some souvenirs. The kids got some great t-shirts and other little things and Mike and I got some cool mugs. We had a wonderful time, but everyone was ready to go so we got in the car and started the long drive to Grandma and Grandpa's house. We arrived very late and just collapsed...looking forward to some R&R the next day.



4 comments:
It looks like you all had a great Christmas trip...Isaac must have been in heaven fighting Darth Vader. Even though we are glad you enjoyed your trip...we are more glad that you are back :)
It looks like your kids lived in heaven for the Christmas break. A Dream vacation. NEAT! It's overwhelming for me to even comment there is so much to comment on!!!
Rob and I and the kids are loving all your Christmas photos. It looks like you all had a great time.(And we're having a great time looking!!!) Robert Jr. was watching when I looked at your blog earlier and he came up to me a few minutes ago and said, "Can we look at the thing wis "Darks Mal" again?" So here we are. Thanks for the great memories we get to share with you!
I so need to go back to Disney World and enjoy the whole experience with a happy Big D! He was grouchy when we went 5 years ago. Looks like you all had a blast!
Post a Comment