Saturday, January 10, 2009

Day 3 - Epcot

Our day at Epcot was probably our most crowded of our entire vacation...what did we expect on New Years Eve! We still did very well, with fast passes and planning.
We went to a really cool little show called "Turtle Talk with Crush." An animated Crush, from Finding Nemo, was swimming in a tank in front of us and interacted with the kids. It's amazing what technology can do.
Then the kids got eaten by Bruce.We went on a Viking ride in Norway that all the kids really liked. When we left the ride we seized a photo opportunity for our little Vikings to conquer a troll. Grace has quite the expression, don't you think?

We had a very important lunch appointment today. We ate at the Akershus Royal Banquet Hall with the Disney Princesses. Since Santa Claus had brought some dress-up dresses to Grace and Anna, I let them bring them for this special lunch. While we were waiting for our tables to be ready Dresden and I took the girls into the bathroom and helped them get ready. Unfortunately the dress I brought for Leslie to try was just a bit too small, so she opted not to wear it. We came out of the bathroom with Grace as Belle, Anna as Cinderella and Evelyn as Snow White. When it was time for us to go in the girls were so excited. They were so, so cute. Belle welcomed us and we got some photos with her before we were seated. It turns out that poor Belle's dress is too big for her to walk around from table to table. Anyway, it was fun to watch the girls interact with the Princesses. It was funny to watch some of the boys! Check out Dallin's expression on the group photo with Belle....hilarious! When the Princesses came around to visit with us they were so good with the girls, even Owen, Troy and Isaac warmed up a little and wanted to talk to some of them. As for the rest of us...Dresden and I were living vicariously through our daughters and loved watching them with the Princesses. The boys were all happy with the delicious food. Anna and Grace were in true princess form and started dancing around in the restaurant. It was a great experience, I would recommend it to anyone...especially families with little girls!

We saw a lot more and did a lot more at Epcot. Here are the kids with Mushu from Mulan after a fantastic Chinese acrobat show and really cool movie about China.
Waiting for the fireworks.
The fireworks were awesome. The kids really loved them. I was able to see most of them. Before they started I opened a bunch of glow sticks and was cracking them for the kids. One of them must have been defective because on the first crack the glow stuff went all over me...including into one of my eyes. I spent a good deal of time rinsing my eye with water, it really hurt! We opted for the earlier fireworks at 7:30 because we didn't want to be at the park when the New Year came in. Instead we headed back to our hotel. We brought in the New Year calmly and quietly in our room and went directly to bed.

4 comments:

Sylvia said...

We love all the pictures...so fun!!
Peyton kept saying how beautiful you were, Kiersten...it took me a minute but she thought that you were Ariel :) And even now I'm not so sure she believes that you aren't.

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

I wan't to have lunch w/ the princesses.

Kristy said...

It looks like you had so much fun! What a great way to spend your Christmas break.

Robyn said...

Dallin's face with the princesses is hilarious. Anna looks like Grace when we lived by you guys. Crazy--where has time gone?