Sunday, April 19, 2009

Dinner with President Eyring

Ok...so the title is a little bit overstated...
Mike and I went with our good friends the Volks to the annual BYU Marriott Management Society Gala Dinner last night. President Henry B. Eyring was the guest of honor. I had the privilege to do some photography at the event, so I got to follow him around and snap some pictures. He was so gracious to everyone and he has a great sense of humor. I feel blessed to have been able to be there and hear his message and to get to meet him.
It was a wonderful evening, we even bumped into Keith and Jeanene Davey and got to have a couple short conversations with them. It was nice to see them again.
Lisa Hopkins Seegmiller performed, and she was simply excellent. She is in our Stake and is super talented. I think she is the only person that I actually know who has her own Wikipedia page.It was such an enjoyable evening. I love date night!

10 comments:

Tina said...

Wow! Some VIP time! very neat. I accompanied for Lisa once . . . she is awesome . . . I only knew about 2 hours in advance that I'd be playing for her and hopefully she doesn't hold my performance against me!!!

Joel (Bob) and Dresden said...

Pretty cool!

Cunningham Blog said...

Wow! You have had a great week!

Robyn said...

That is so cool. Elder Eyring looks so happy in that picture.

Crazy Lees said...

Holy cowzers! can i live through you and the amazing life with your family! I am missing the old days and the great girl talks with you!

Jana said...

That is really cool. Looks like a great night!

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

our date night is renting a movie at redbos

Unknown said...

You are our family VIPs. Nice that you got to chat with the Daveys.

Natalie said...

That is a great date night!! Wow! Looks like you had a great time. See? Not so bad that you don't live in Utah anymore, what with all you got to do this week (We still miss you though!)

Megan said...

I had a great time babysitting for you guys. Your kids are so fun!