Monday, July 26, 2010

Suburban Trouble

Last Thursday I was heading to piano lessons...my truck had other ideas. 
(Actually Noah and Dallin were already there, and I was taking Grace for her lesson.)
Anyway, I was driving and I heard this horrible metal scraping sound. I got out and checked to see if I was dragging anything. I couldn't see anything, so I got back in and drove a little farther. The sound got worse and when I stopped at a traffic light, it felt like the whole bottom of the truck fell onto the road. I made it slowly through the light and pulled over. (I got a lot of looks as I pulled through the light...the sound was really awful!)


Well it was clear that we weren't going anywhere. Tina was nice enough to bring Noah and Dallin to me and then my good brother-in-law, Joe, helped us get home. Grace was very sad to miss her piano lesson, but I told her we'd be able to make it up. 






Later Mike had the truck towed home so that he and our "car smart" friend Chris could take a look at it. So glad that we have free towing service with our car insurance!

Saturday morning Mike and Chris worked on it and the consensus was that the transmission needed to be replaced, yuk! 


Part of me really wanted to just get a new (used of course) Suburban, but we decided that since this one is paid off that we'll give fixing it a shot. It is really nice to not have a car payment.

So...that's where my truck is right now, in the shop getting worked on. 

Hopefully I'll have it back by this Saturday.


Oh, and (as Isaac would say) a super ultra mega thanks to Elizabeth for letting us use her van while she is out of town, what a blessing!

1 comment:

Bob and Raylene said...

Sorry about your auto woes. They just come and they are no fun. My thanks goes out to everyone who helped you out. Live and learn, right?