Yesterday the kids and I went with Sylvia and her kids to the Annual Family Picnic at Andrews AFB. (Jaelynn got to come too since she is staying with us for a few days.)
The best part of this event is that everything is free. Yes, I am a fan of free! No telling my kids, "No, you can't go on the climbing wall again. No, you can't get another cotton candy. No, it costs too much....blah blah blah." You get the idea.
There was a lot to do there.
They had all sorts of bouncy things. The kids loved this huge bouncy slide.This was a fun one to watch.

Sylvia and Jaelynn battling it out!
There was a little train ride.
Isaac wanted his picture with a couple of super heroes that were walking around.
You couldn't have paid me enough to do that...I bet they were so hot!
The favorite attraction though, besides all the free food and drinks, was the climbing tower.
I lost count of how many times they did this, but they loved it.
At one point Noah got really close to the top and I told him I'd give him a dollar if he made it to ring the buzzer. I ended up making the same deal with Dallin, and he was the first to reach the top.
Noah made it too!
Then Isaac wanted in on the action, so I made the same deal with him. Now, based on his first few attempts, I never expected him to reach the top...but boy did he surprise me!
I was so proud of him, but I think he was even more proud. On his way up, when he was about halfway he looked down and said, "What the heck! This is so high!" The look on his face was hilarious and a lot of the people waiting in line just laughed. Then when he reached the top and rang the buzzer, several of them clapped for him.
Isaac passing time waiting in line for cotton candy...
the longest line in the whole place!
Girls cooling off by the nice mist fans!
Noah shooting some hoops. The catch is if you lose you get sprayed with water. No one minded losing because it was so hot!
Another favorite of the day...
free ice cream and popsicles!
What a fun day!
We came home exhausted and loaded down with free stuff. Thanks to Sylvia for telling us about it, and for getting us there since my truck is still not working.
(Oh and I broke one of the first rules of photography, I brought my camera, but forgot to check it before I left and when we got there I noticed it had no memory card in it...so all the pictures are courtesy of my phone...better than nothing I guess!)

















1 comment:
What a fun filled day. The price was right too. Good thing you have a friend to help make you all have fun1
Post a Comment