Sunday, January 23, 2011

Happy Birthday Dallin!

On the 17th Dallin turned 11. We celebrated with family on the 16th while we were in Georgia. On his actual birthday he was in the car for the whole day as we were coming home, so we finished celebrating on the 18th...lucky kid got a 3 day birthday :)

On the 16th we had birthday cake and ice cream. He requested a Rubik's cube cake. I didn't have all of my stuff so I had to make do...as a result, it didn't turn out very well. The icing just didn't want to cooperate and kept sliding down the sides. My friend's daughter just recently got the Cricut cake machine thing...I was wishing I could have used it! Maybe someday I'll get one too.

Anyway...Dallin didn't seem to care, he liked it...and I guess that's all that matters. I restrained myself from photoshopping the pictures to make it look better. so. Here is the cake in all of it's sloppy droopy glory. 

One thing that Dallin had asked for for his birthday this year was feet jammies. That surprised me a little, but he assured me that he really really wanted some...so that was the gift he got while we were in Georgia.
I love this picture!

Like I said, on his actual birthday, we were traveling so he spent it in the car. We still tried to make sure he felt special so we granted some wishes and let him sit wherever he wanted.
The two wishes he made in the car were for 11 Werther's candies...
and to have dinner at Wendy's so he could have a frosty.
Granted!

On Tuesday he got to open some cards and gifts.





He also finished up making his wishes. I think I remember all of them...
No chores
Game day
Hello Dollies

 Milk to the top of his cup

Extra Fablehaven
Free backscratches and songs
Stay up
Battle with Noah


Doodlejump with Dad
Messy hair was not one of his wishes, but he hates to comb it so I let it slide that day...after all school was cancelled and we didn't go anywhere.


All in all, I think he had a pretty good birthday. He is excited to move up to 11 year old scouts now and start working towards his Eagle. I'm glad that my boys enjoy and see the value of scouting.

He really is a wonderful kid. We are so thankful for our blue-eyed, blonde haired, California born boy!
Happy Birthday Dallin!

6 comments:

teviawall said...

haha! I loved the milk to the top of the cup wish! I never would have thought of that kind of wish. Glad he had a great birthday.

Jenée's Blog said...

That cake looks incredible!!

Chaoyi said...

Smokin' cake!! Love the PJ too.

Jana said...

Happy Birthday, Dallin! The cake looks great and is way beyond anything I would even try. Love the pjs, too.

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

I tried to make a castle cake for E's b-day and all the frosting slid off. You salvaged it well.

Bob and Raylene said...

What a deal a birthday that lasted 3 days! So happy that we could be there for part of it. Love the creative wishes.