Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Atlanta Temple Open House

We took the opportunity to take our kids to the Atlanta Temple Open House. The  temple had been closed for renovations for about two years I think. Mike and I thought it would be a great experience for our family.

We made a whirlwind trip down there since Mike could only take a couple days off work. We drove down Sunday night, went to the temple on Monday and drove home on Tuesday. Crazy? Yes, but so worth it!

It was a beautiful day on Monday when we went to the temple. As we were getting ready the kids started singing, "I love to see the temple, I'm going there today!" They had big smiles on their faces and they were so excited to go.

My sister Jan and my nephew Titus met us there. It was good to see them again.
Mike's grandma, Aunt Juanita and cousin Jessie and some of their friends came with us too.

None of them are members of our church, but I think they all enjoyed seeing the temple and learning a little more about it.

I felt the spirit as we went on our tour and loved watching our kids take it all in, then talking to them afterwards and finding out what they thought.
Anna said that her favorite parts were the baptism room and the sealing room.
Isaac said he loved the celestial room and the sealing room.
Grace thought the whole temple was beautiful, but especially liked the celestial room.
Dallin really liked the celestial room too.
Noah liked the baptistry because he would be allowed to go there, but he also loved the sealing room, especially the mirrors that reflect eternity.

I'm so glad that we went and doubly glad that our kids were excited about it.  We really enjoyed the experience. That night as we said our "thankful for's" each of the kids spoke about the temple. It made me smile. Oh how I love our family.

I'm so thankful for the restored gospel of Jesus Christ and the peace and comfort and guidance that it gives me in my every day life. I'm truly thankful for temples and the blessings they offer. My family is my greatest joy and to know that I can be with them forever is such a wonderful feeling.

Oh, and I have to send out a BIG thank you to Juanita and Jessie for letting us stay with them on this quick trip and for being such great hosts.

1 comment:

Bob and Raylene said...

We are so happy that you could make that trip and especially that you could share it with extended family. I can't wait to see how different it is. Is there any purple involved?