Yes, I know that's so cliché...but it's also so true!
Isaac had been counting down for a while and yesterday he finally turned 8!
Which means birthday fun, an upcoming party, scheduling his baptism and of course 8 birthday wishes.
breakfast in bed
no chores...but still get paid
play video games
come home from school early
light his candles
stay up late
sleep on the couch
play his DS in bed...usually not allowed!
This year he requested an Angry Birds cake. For those of you not familiar with it, Angry Birds is a very popular game, Mike and I both have it on our phones and the kids love to play it.
...Anyway, I gave it my best shot and I think it turned out pretty good.
Isaac loved it, so I guess I earned three stars :)
Before we cut it I even let him throw the red bird (the slingshot was only for looks, it wasn't operational) and try to knock down the pig's structure.
He thought that was pretty cool.
He got some great cards and gifts.
He was really happy that tonight was cub scouts, so he got to go to his first Wolf den meeting on his birthday.
He looked so cute!
At the end of the day I gave him a big bear hug and asked him how his day was. He told me that he had a great birthday and that being 8 was much better than being 7!
Oh, how we love this kid! Happy Birthday Isaac!
**side note** you may have wondered...or maybe you didn't, about my kids clothing choices for the day. Well, today was also mismatch day at school.



















7 comments:
Love all the pictures especially Grace and Anna's expressions while Issac is blowing out the candles. It is great to be 8! Happy Birthday.
What a fun birthday and a unique cake. The pictures are fantastic. You can see that he really believes that 8 is better than 7!
Love all the crazy outfits.
Love the cake-amazing
What a FUN day for Isaac! -I think I am going to request some of his "wishes" for my birthday... breakfast in bed, no chores, etc. {winks}
That cake is AWESOME! -Great job, Kierston!
He looks so grown up in his cub scouts uniform.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ISAAC!
You are probably the best mom I know. That cake is so great! And we are stealing your birthday wishes idea...so fun!
the cake is rad! and the kids are cute as usual!
Love it. Isaac was so cute in his uniform.
Post a Comment