School was supposed to start on Monday August 29th, but Hurricane Irene (more on that later) granted the kids an epic (their words) day off.
So...Tuesday August 30th became the first day of school, or as Grace called it, the 2nd first day of school :)
This year we have kids in 8th, 6th, 4th, 3rd and 1st grades. Two in middle school, hard to believe...but it just makes me think about how crazy it will be next year when I have one in high school...Yikes!
Anyway, back to this year.
Here are my middle schoolers heading out the door. A couple of good lookin' boys, if I do say so myself.
Here are my middle schoolers heading out the door. A couple of good lookin' boys, if I do say so myself.
When my good friend Tevia posted on her blog about school starting up, she put pictures of herself and her husband at about the same age as each of their kids. I thought that was a pretty fun idea...until I started looking back at the old pictures of myself and oh boy...
I really didn't want to post some of them, but I figured I might as well. The kids really got a kick out of looking at them :) I'm sure you will too!
I really didn't want to post some of them, but I figured I might as well. The kids really got a kick out of looking at them :) I'm sure you will too!
Noah our 8th grader with Mike and I at about the same age.
*Some of the pictures weren't labeled so I tried to do my best matching them up.
Dallin our 6th grader
I think it's hilarious that Mike and I had the same hairdo, and he's rockin' the members only jacket...I win the ugly shirt award though!
Grace, 4th grade
Isaac, 3rd grade
Anna, 1st grade
Here are some other pics from the first day.
I love watching my kids learn and grow...even if it does make me feel old :)
I hope that they have a great year in school!










9 comments:
you two old people look pretty cute - and of course, your kids took after you. I love this post, I hope they have a fabulous year!
chaoyi
Oh Man...I'm loving this post!!! Yes, you have some pretty good looking kids alright. I have to say that I was enjoying the memory lane pictures of you and Mike. It soooo reminds me of only a few years ago myself. Too fun!
Loving the match-up. I think I had that hair-do too.
Hilarious! I want to do that. It's funny how Mike looks like a grown-up even in the 4th grade. Makes me wonder what about our kids' pictures will make them cringe when they see them years from now.
LOVE this post! I can't believe how much the kids look like you and Mike . . . and how much you and Mike look alike! WOW!
What a *FUN* post...love all the pictures! You have Good Looking / Beautiful kids!!! :)
Great post! It's uncanny how much your boys look like Mike. And
Anna looks a lot like you. So fun!
What a fun post! I love the pictures of the kids and you and Mike. So neat to see how much fun to see the similarities at the same age.
Don't know what happened to my comment. Here it is again- This was such a fun post with the comparision pictures. It is amazing who you see in the kids from year to year. You have a beautiful family. Noah and Dallin are looking so grown up.
Post a Comment