Each day they had something fun to do.
Some of the things they did...
Bring in a book to exchange with a friend
Hat day
Dallin let her wear the hat he got from Grandma and Grandpa Bush
Bring in your favorite Dr. Suess book to share with the class
Dress like a book character
I steered her away from dressing like a princess (not that there is necessarily anything wrong with princesses, I just had a feeling that there would already be plenty of girls dressed like that) and got her to agree to be Laura Ingalls. She loved it. She even took her lunch in a lunch pail :)
Here she is when I dropped her off for school...I guess the sun was in her eyes, but she still looks so cute!
At first she was worried that no one would know who she was. I told her that if they didn't know then she could tell them, and that I was sure that her teacher had heard of Laura Ingalls and Little House on the Prairie.
"But Mom, what if my teacher doesn't know who that is?"
I told her that if her teacher had never heard of it then I'd give her five dollars.
I told her that if her teacher had never heard of it then I'd give her five dollars.
...after school I asked her how it went and if her teacher knew about Little House on the Prairie. She gave me a sly look and said, "no she never heard of it." I smiled at her and she broke..."ok, she heard of it, but can I still have five dollars?" Nice try sweetie :)
I did ask her what other people were dressed as, and as I suspected, the answer was...Jasmine, Cinderella, Snow White, etc.



4 comments:
Very cute. It's definitely more fun when you're not doing the same thing as everyone else.
Good choice to do Laura Ingalls, and she looks cute. What a fun week. Love the dreads hat on top of her blonde hair.
I enjoy hearing about what other children are doing at school because it gives me ideas for our home. -Thanks!
Anna looks so dang cute! (Good thinking, Kiersten.)
Smart mom!
Post a Comment