Thursday, March 15, 2012

What Isaac learned yesterday

Do not take your brother's pocket knife to school
Do not take said pocket knife out during recess to show it to your friends

Because if you do
you will go to the principal's office
he will call your mom
and you will be suspended
What he learned today...

that being suspended from school is not fun


I don't think I ever thought one of my kids would be suspended from school...on the positive side, I have to be thankful that he didn't get suspended for being mean or bad, or hurting anyone or anything like that. The principal said that is why he is only getting 2 days because he knows that Isaac wasn't trying to use it or hurt anyone, but still it's a weapon and he has to take some action.


I have to say though that Isaac was so cute in the principal's office and his apology was very sweet. 


Today he had a hard time not being able to do anything fun...At one point he even asked why he was my slave! I'm sure that tomorrow will be just as un-fun for him!
...it's not so fun for me either :(

11 comments:

Jenée's Blog said...

I was holding my breath while reading this post. I am so glad Isaac didn't get into worse trouble for his little mishap. It sounds like you are blessed to have a fair and understanding principal. I hope next week goes better for you both...
{{HUGS}}, Kiersten!

Bob and Raylene said...

No wonder you spent time with Ben and Jerry! So sorry for both you and Isaac. It is no fun to get in trouble at school. It is a good thing that your children have a good reputation so that the principal could lean to the mercy side. Today will end and things will get back to normal. The question is "Did you learn anything? OK then!"
Love you both and yes he is cute!

Tina said...

I'm so impressed you blogged about this!!!! So impressed!!! It is so hard to be open and honest in our lives . . . . especially about our mishaps!

Frances said...

Poor guy! Sounds like everything will be just fine though.

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

Poor kids. You do realize that this will be a funny family story one day:)

Joel (Bob) and Dresden said...

Oops! Glad to hear of the principal's mercy!

teviawall said...

OHMYLANTA! That's so awesome that you made him pose with the offending pocket knife and then posted about his misadventure. He even looks remorseful in that picture. What's even better is the figurines in the background. Not sure if you realized they were back there, but it cracks me up that the mom and dad are hugging and the kid looks like he/she is supplicating for forgiveness. hehe

I am all about keeping a good record of all the things we do even if they seem embarrassing at the moment. Kids make mistakes for pete's sake and that's how we learn and grow and find out about consequences. I'm sure it was a rough day for you guys, but I know what an amazing mother you are and I am sure this will be one of those defining moments in his life, and he will remember how you handled it.

teviawall said...

oops, bad grammar in that first paragraph. It should say "are the" instead of "is the". My bad. :)

Nanette said...

I think it's more 'un-fun' for the parents. :)

Chaoyi said...

Oh brother. I wish they punish the really rotten kids just as easy!
Well, at this this earned him a blog post... :)

Shirley said...

Oh my heart goes out to you!