Sunday, December 23, 2012

All that glitters...

...is on the inside!
Yay, less mess :)

I was looking at some of my friends' boards on Pinterest and I saw
some ornaments that I thought would be fun to make.
(I of course re-pinned it to my Christmas wall)
...if you don't have Pinterest but want to see the original
tutorial that I used you can click here.

Anyway, the girls and I set out to make them and had a good time...
and success too!

Here's what you need
Pledge floor cleaner with future shine
(I found it at Wal-Mart)
Glass ornaments
(got mine 50% off at Michaels!)
glitter of your choice
(purple is always a good choice)
a funnel
(or two)
helping hands :)
(kids can do this, it's super easy!)
start off by taking the tops of the ornaments
then pour some of the pledge in and swirl it around...gently,
you don't want bubbles
then drain out the excess liquid
(if you get some bubbles just get them with a q-tip)
use a funnel and put some glitter in the ornament
swirl the glitter around
 you can even put your thumb on top and shake it at the end
to make sure that glitter gets into the neck of the ornament
(and on your thumb)

gently dump out the excess glitter


 replace the top of the ornament and voila! 
now you have fantastic sparkly glittery ornaments
and the glitter won't come off on you or your floor :)
...you still have to clean up from the project,
but since you used a drop cloth
that is oh so easy!
(and now some of your grass in your back yard sparkles!)
finished product
pretty!

7 comments:

Jason and Amy said...

B-U-T-I-F-U-L! Great project to do with your sweet little gals.

Bob and Raylene said...

They are pretty and the ornaments aren't so bad either. Nice project to do together. Purple was a nice choice

J and T plus Three said...

LOVE THEM!!! I want to make some too!!!

teviawall said...

How fun for your girls. I might be able to get Enok to do that for about 5 min then he would probably start gluing the glitter to himself! I can imagine that those would look pretty on a tree.

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

Love it when something on Pinterest works!

Kristen said...

Those are so pretty. I'll have to remember that when I get back to the states.

Sherri said...

VERY pretty...both the ornaments and your girls! :)