Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Cheesy Birthday Party!

Since Anna turned 8 this year,
that meant she got to have a birthday party with friends.

She decided that going along with her request for her birthday cake (cheese)
she would have a cheesy birthday party :)

We had a great time coming up with ideas and I think the
party turned out to be a lot of fun.

The invitation
We had several cheesy activities

hot potato...or I guess it should be called hot cheese, 
since we played it with cheese instead of a potato!

sneak past sleeping cats to steal and eat cheese
Grace and Hannah
Our two cute cats!

how many cheeseballs can you stuff into your mouth
Anna went first
pin the cheese on Anna's mouth
Grace got the closest
(with a little help from Mom!)

 break the cheesy piñata
I found a post online about making your own piñata
I hate spending so much money on something for kids to break
...not to mention spending more money on candy to fill it with.
So I decided to make the piñata.
I think it turned out ok, none of the kids made fun of it
(at least not to my face)
and the candy came out of it, so I think it was a success!
 eat mini cheesecakes
My number 8 candle was missing in action so I had
to just use a regular candle for her...
I found it not 5 minutes later, ha ha! 
The kids could choose either a cheesecake topped with strawberries
or one topped with caramel.
I used the cookie part of an Oreo as the crust.
I just scraped out the cream and then put one wafer in the bottom
of each foil cupcake liner.
...every kid ate their whole cheesecake too!
...that's not something that usually happens with cupcakes, just sayin'
I didn't get a picture of what I put inside the treat bags for the kids to take home, but they were definitely cheesy treatbags...
Here's what we filled them with

a pull back toy mouse
a cheese wedge pencil topper
a cheese stick
baby belle cheese
cowtail (cows help make cheese, right?)
a bag of cheez-its
some of Anna's favorite candies
and these little hershey kisses mice

Anna had such a great time with so many friends
who came to celebrate with her!

5 comments:

Jason and Amy said...

Congrats on turing "8" Anna. Lilly turns 8 this summer and can't wait! Looks like your mom did a bang up job on your party with all of her most awesome creativity-ness!

Bob and Raylene said...

What a cheesy party! I can see that everyone really had a great time. Fun games, cheesecake and pinata. Good job, Mom.

teviawall said...

super cute! Excellent party skills and organization Kiersten. Someday I will be that motivated. Maybe when I have grandkids......

Tina said...

What a great party. So many fun ideas. I bet Anna loved it. I would never even dream of making my own pinata. You did a great job. Did unfree really save you money? ;)

Tina said...

Man. ......I'm not doing very well with this new phone of mine and my typing! !!!