The elementary school was having a Veteran's Day assembly
Several weeks before a member of the PTA asked me if
I thought that it might be possible for Mike to Skype into
the assembly and talk to the kids.
Mike was glad to be able to do it. So we arranged for it to happen
and I didn't tell Grace, Isaac and Anna about it
...and when it happened they were surprised for sure!
Mike did a great job talking to the kids and fielding a few of their questions.
It just so happened that I had previously sent Mike a t-shirt from the school.
I told him that it might be cool for him to wear it under his uniform
and then surprise the school with it at the end.
Well, let me just say that was a HUGE hit. The kids went absolutely crazy!
Mike was so happy that he could be a part of the assembly and have fun with the kids.
It was pretty cool :)
(Someone took a picture of Mike up on the big screen in front of the elementary school kids at the assembly, and I've asked them a couple of times to send it to me, but oh well...when they do I'll update this post)
(Someone took a picture of Mike up on the big screen in front of the elementary school kids at the assembly, and I've asked them a couple of times to send it to me, but oh well...when they do I'll update this post)
2 comments:
That is the COOLEST thing I have ever heard!!!!! LOVE IT!
This is so cool. We need m ore activities like this in schools.
Post a Comment