..or as the kids call it B.O.B.
Grace and Anna participated in the Battle of the Books at school. They were given a list of books that they had to read and they were put on grade level teams. At the end of several months they had battles between different teams. They would be asked questions from the books on the list and hopefully someone on their team had read the book. I know they enjoyed the reading, and though neither of their teams made the grade level championship battle, they still had a good time.
Because Anna had read a certain number of books she made the student all-star team. This was a team that was made up of students from each grade. She was excited about that! I went to the assembly toady where the student All-stars battled the teachers. It was a close battle but the students ended up winning in a tie-breaking round.
I'm so glad that my kids love to read :)

2 comments:
I loved the programs in Utah that encouraged reading! What a great idea.
Reading is essential - or is it fun-damental?
Post a Comment