Sunday, May 17, 2009

Boys outside...Girls inside

This weekend was the annual Fathers and Sons camp out. This is something that my boys look forward to every year. I'm so thankful that they are able to go and have a good time. They went hunting for spiders. Ticks went hunting for them. Mike read more of Fablehaven 2 to them. They hung out with great friends. They played games and had good food. Noah even went on a 5 mile hike in the morning to pass off some scout requirements. They had a lot of fun.

The girls also look forward to this every year because it means girl time with mom. This year we decided to go to Red Robin for dinner and then I surprised them by taking them to Build-A-Bear Workshop. They were each given a gift card to Build-A-Bear for Christmas from a dear friend and I figured it was high time I took them there. They absolutely loved it. They each picked a pink unicorn and then chose matching pink wings so the unicorn could become a pegasus. When we left they were on top of the world. I heard, "this is the best day of my life!" I'm glad my iPhone has a camera since I forgot my other one.


6 comments:

Sylvia said...

Just don't tell Peyton..she's been asking to go to Build A Bear for months. Looks like the girls had a fun time...cute unicorns.

Stephanie said...

Woohoo, girls' night! How fun.

Jana said...

Looks like a great night for both boys and girls. Love the pictures.

Melanie said...

My girls won't see this post because they will be jealous. Sounds like everyone had fun all around the Isom family

LeeAnn said...

Megan and I used to do Girl's Night Out when Duane would take the boyd to the Priesthood Comemoration camp out. Now she has a life and I don't!!

Kristy said...

Looks like you girls had a blast!