12-1 Noah: "What if one tragic day we went to a place and I ate something and I had a really severely bad allergic reaction to it, then I would be a star on Fox 5 news...da, da, da (news story sound effect) (News reporter voice)So Noah, how has this impacted your life? Well a lot especially since I don't know what caused it. Well, let's go back to our science lab and see if we can figure it out. Then they come back and say sorry Noah the only ingredients in what you ate are sugar and pecans and I'm guessing you have eaten those things before. Yes I have... (news story sound effect again) That would be pretty cool wouldn't it Mom?"
12-1 Isaac informed me that he is in a mind reading club with Isaac Vance. Did you know about this Haleigh?
They have been buddies for a couple of years (that picture is from Aug 2008) so I guess that shouldn't surprise me. I think it's an Isaac thing!
12-2 Isaac was playing with a bouncy ball and tossing is up and catching it, "Juggling is easy" he said, followed by, "I should be a clown when I grow up, or the President." I'm not touching that!
12-6 Isaac shared his testimony at church today. It went something like this.
"I know I like to share my testimony. I know this church is true. I know I need to brush my teeth when my mom tells me to, and that I should listen to my mom and my dad. And if all the people want something, they should know that their family is more important. And if your house catches on fire you should have an escape plan. Don't panic, just get out of there and meet by the mailbox." He was so sweet and sincere when he said it, who knows maybe there was someone in the congregation who needed to hear that.
12-7 Anna: "Mom, what's the letter that starts Dad's name when you call him?" Me: "Do you mean Mike?" Anna: "No. Honey."
12-12 Dallin was walking around singing Man in the Mirror..."If you want to make the world a better place you better take a bat and rearrange your face." Um, I don't think those are the right words :)
I guess if you have to rearrange your face,
do it with Krispy Kreme!
12-13 In the car we were doing some landmark flashcards. I held up the one of the St. Louis Arch and Noah called out, "Oh, Oh, the golden arch!" I think he had McDonald's on the brain.
12-14 We had to convince Noah to go on Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain. After he rode them he said, "I guess I am a roller coaster person, but I just don't know it."
I think he is right.
12-15 We were in line for Test Track at Epcot and Isaac asked, " Do they cut off your leg on this ride?" I guess he was worried after watching some of the impact demonstrations. Some of the kids standing around us in line were worried after hearing Isaac's question.
12-15 During our dinner with the Princesses Isaac was more than happy to be included in the picture taking and talking to the princesses. Dallin remarked, "Isaac is a traitor, a traitor to boys!"
Some day you might not mind it so much Dallin :)
12-16 After we got off the Polar Express ride and stepped into the North Pole Isaac said, "Well, I guess I better go meet myself!"
12-16 Anna: "Mom, Isaac is in luck." I asked her why and she said, "Cause he didn't get kissed by the princesses, he's in luck."
12-17 Isaac continues to tell people that he is Santa Claus. In line for Toy Story Mania we struck up a conversation with a college age girl, Jill, and some of her friends. Isaac told her that he was 9000 years old and that he was Santa Claus. Here is how the rest of the conversation went.
Jill: So do I need to tell you what I want for Christmas then?Isaac: You can give me your list, it can have three things on it.
Jill: I only want one thing
Isaac: You have to put three things on your list
Jill: But all I want is a big diamond engagement ring from my boyfriend, can you get that for me?
Isaac: Put three things on your list and then your mom and I will decide what you get."
It was so funny and what made it even better was Isaac's matter-of-fact tone while he was talking to her.
12-18 Isaac got 5 dollars for losing a tooth at Disney World and Dallin said, "No fair...Dad can you get me a hammer?" Sorry Dallin, that's not happening!
12-18 Isaac came running to me and said, "Mom, I just was nice to Grace for no reason!"
12-18 We were trying to decide which park to repeat today and our decision came down to Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. We went back and forth a couple of times and at one point Isaac said, "This is awkward, this is just awkward."
12-18 While Grace and Anna and I were waiting for Dad and the boys to meet us after a ride, a young girl from China started talking to the girls. Grace told her that she knew some Chinese, and said, "Wo shi Shen de haizi" which means I am a child of God. The girl smiled so big and looked at me and said, wow! I bet she was probably expecting something like ni hao, or xie xie (sheh sheh)
12-20 I took the girls for a bathroom break on the way home and both of them came out of the stalls and told me how weird the toilets were.
12-19 Today while we were having lunch at the Restaurantasaurus, Isaac had some questions. "Mom, would you rather have water or a massage." Then came "would you rather have a Sprite or jump off a cliff? Who knows why he was thinking of that, but given those choices I chose water and Sprite.
What would you rather do?
12-20 I took the girls for a bathroom break on the way home and both of them came out of the stalls and told me how weird the toilets were.
What do you think?
12-22 There was a big discussion at the dinner table about Christmas eve and Christmas eve eve...Then Grace announced that the day after Christmas should be Christmas Adam.
Sounds about right to me, Eve does the planning, decorating, shopping and baking and let Adam do the after Christmas clean-up!
Sounds about right to me, Eve does the planning, decorating, shopping and baking and let Adam do the after Christmas clean-up!
12-24 Anna and Isaac had been arguing or something and Grace walked over to them and said, "Respect! You have to give it to get it."
12-27 Isaac: "Mom you need to cut my eyelashes, they are too long. They go all the way up to my eyelids." I'm sure he has no idea that many people would love to have eyelashes like his.
Extreme close-up time!
12-28 A bit of insight from Anna, "Mom, fat free milk means you don't get fat for free." Oh I wish it was that easy!12-29 Anna was looking at the calendar and asked me, "Mom is today the 31th?" I told her that no it was the 29th. She then said, "2009 is almost over and then comes 2010." I told her she was right, but she still had a question. "Who's birthday is it in 2010." I told her that everyone gets a birthday in 2010. "Everyone? Even me?" Yes, I told her. "Awesome!" Then she ran down the hall..."Grace, Mom said we all get a birthday in 2010!"
I love being a mom!
12-31 Isaac came running down the hall screaming, "Aaaa, Noah's going to give me a Texas wedgie!!"












6 comments:
LOL!!!! Your kids crack me up!!!
Interesting toilet! Does it automatically change the plastic wrap like stuff every time someone uses it?
Christmas Adam was my favorite. hee hee
What a treasure that you record all these funny things. Love it.
the things your kids say are so fabulous!! do they know any more Chinese than those? I am impressed. Send them over, we will have a Chinese speaking party.
Can you believe Noah and Jade were only about 2 when we met?
Christmas Adamm. hahahahahah
Yep, those toilets give a new seat cover for you. All you have to do is wave your hand over the green square.
Post a Comment