Sunday, January 31, 2010

Things our kids say - January

 1-1 I was listening to some music (Michael Bublé to be exact) and Dallin walked in and asked, "Is this that guy that sings?" Um, yes, yes it is :) And he is definitely one of my favorites!
1-2 From the backseat of the Suburban Noah says, "Isaac is choking me!" Isaac responds by putting both arms up in the air and saying, "I'm innocent!"
Hmm...
1-3 Getting ready for church this morning I asked Isaac if he needed help buttoning his shirt. He answered, "No Mom, watch and learn, watch and learn."

1-9 Isaac: "What if I had a nemesis, wouldn't that be cool?"

1-10 On the way to church Isaac asked me, "Mom, is it against the law to kiss your sister?" I told him no, and so he leaned over and kissed Grace.
 
1-11 Isaac continues his fascination with having a nemesis: "Mom, are you allowed to have 2 nemisises?"

1-17 Mike and I were talking and Noah chimed in, "So, what are you two lovebirds talking about?"
He caught us off guard with that one, but I'm glad he sees us as lovebirds!
1-20 On the way home from scouts tonight, I'm not sure how, but our conversation turned to marriage and mothers-in-law. Noah said, "Mom, will you be disappointed in me if I don't get married? What if no one likes me?" I asked him why he would think that and he said, "I'm a weirdo." I told him that I am a weirdo too and Dad still married me. His response was, "No, I think Dad is the weirdo." Okay, well I still married him. Noah then says, "what if it was a trick, like Dad was all normal until after you were married and then once you were married he says, honey there's something I need to tell you...I'm a weirdo." We had a good laugh. Oh, Noah, weirdo or not, I'm sure there are girls out there who will like you.
Advertising: 1 great, good-looking sweet kid (maybe a little weird)...
he's a talented lego builder too!
1-23 I asked Anna how she was feeling. She so sweetly and seriously replied, "I threw up again in your bathroom, and it was not a pretty picture, but I made it to the potty."
I think she's right, that would not be a pretty picture,
but this is...
I love her cute new haircut.

1-29 Isaac said to me, "Mom you are the BM, the best mom...actually the BME, the best mom ever!" Thank you for adding the E :)

1-30 I was making banana bread and Isaac asked me, "does that have caffeine in it?" I said, no, why do you ask. "Just makin' sure" he says.

1-31 Grace comes and says, "Mom, I'm really hungry, can I have a snack?" I ask her what she wants. Her reply, "candy!" Right, I'm sure she's hungry for candy. Oh that girl and her sweet tooth!
See what happens when someone actually eats one of those all-day suckers...she was happy, but what a mess!

3 comments:

Bob and Raylene said...

I think it is so cool that you have made this record. What fun it will be for the kids to look back on when they are grown.

Mom's Place said...

LOL! What cuties!!!

Liz King Bradley said...

I love to read your posts. Thanks so much for sharing your life with all of us. :)