On Tuesday the kids participated in Job Shadow Day. Mike took them to work with him and I tagged along.
They had a great time and GRS did a wonderful job of making it a good experience for them. When they got there they had to sign in and get their badges,
then they had a meeting in the conference room with the Executive Vice President, she was so good with them.
Here they are ready for the meeting.
Listening and taking notes.
Asking and answering questions about the company.
Isaac of course was, Isaac, and made quite an impression, making sure to ask if he could keep the pen he was using.
They all got lanyards, pens, coasters and water bottles...
they thought that was pretty cool.
they thought that was pretty cool.
Ms. Simmons told the kids that sometimes after a meeting you need to go and get coffee and think about the meeting, so she gave us a gift card to Starbucks to take the kids for hot chocolate.
Then they had another meeting with Dad...
...and explored his office too.
It was a fun day for them, and for Mike.
A big Thank You to the wonderful people at GRS for taking the time and making the effort to help the kids feel welcome and special.
On the way home I told the kids that they would be job shadowing me for the rest of the day. I think they thought I was kidding, but I was serious. They actually had a great attitude about it and I got some good help with...
















5 comments:
That is SO cool! That's a fun spin on chores, too. "Hey, kids. You get to shadow my job today!"
What a great experience!
That's awesome. Great pictures, great kids, great mom and dad.
What a great day. That is wonderful that Mike's company was so accomodating and made the kids feel welcome. It is also terrific to see them helping at home - with smiles.
Great idea, and I love the funnies your kids say! Good laugh.
Post a Comment