3-1 When it was Isaac's turn to say his thankful for tonight, he said..."I'm thankful for me...you know the other me...Isaac Vance, he's me only bigger."
3-6 Noah asked me today if we could move to Transylvania, I asked him why, and he said, because I bet not many people live there so it's probably peaceful and quiet.
Somehow I get the feeling that it would no longer be peaceful and quiet if we moved there.
3-6 We were having meat pies for dinner tonight and Anna cut into hers and said, "Oooo a mini bean, or whatever it's called." It was a pea :)
3-12 Anna and I were shopping and I picked up some boxes of Smores cereal. My kids love it and I can only find it at Wal-Mart, so whenever I'm there I get a few boxes. Anna saw it and said, "Oh I love that cereal it's my favorite, I used to hork it down, but I don't anymore, Isaac still horks it down though."
It just made me laugh, you should hear her say it, it sounds so funny. Thank you Ratatouille for teaching my daughter the word hork :)
3-13 When I got ready for our formal night out Anna said, "You look pretty mom, but your dress touches the floor." I told her I knew and that it was supposed to be that long. She was still concerned, "but it will get wet and dirty." I told her that I would hold it up when I walked outside and I showed her how. Then she said, "but how will you open a door?" I told her that daddy would open the doors for me, because he's a gentleman. "Oh, like in a movie?" was her response.
3-14 Strange request from Dallin: He came to me holding his sock and said, "Mom can I fill this with butter?" What? Why? "Because I think it would make a good lethal weapon, well not lethal, but it would probably hurt."
Hmm...would Abraham Lincoln approve of the buttersock weapon?3-15 News from Isaac: "Mom, I've been wanting to tell you this for years, but I'm a leprachaun. Really it's true."
3-16 Something I never imagined I would hear Anna say... "Grace, stop! It's my turn. I want to tango with Isaac!"
3-16 The previous quote was shortly followed by Grace saying, "I can tango and make someone laugh at the same time."
3-20 I was teaching Isaac to ride a bike with no training wheels. He did it and then stopped pedaling. I asked him why he stopped and he said, "I was just so excited that I unfocused!"
I think he "unfocuses" a lot :)
3-20 Anna came in and asked if Grace could have a Twizzler. I said, if Grace wanted one she could ask me herself. Anna came back a little later and said, can I just have a twizzler for myself. I knew what was going on and I said no, she ran to the door and yelled, "Grace, that didn't work."
3-21 Isaac was talking about being a wizard and Anna confronted him...
Anna: You are not a wizard!
Isaac: I am.
Anna: Okay, then make a toy appear out of your eyeball.
Isaac: (very matter-of-factly) I'm not to that level yet.
3-22 At breakfast this morning Grace was getting more frozen pancakes out for herself and Anna said, "Grace, can you be a dear, and get one for me too?"
3-24 Grace: "Mom, if I'm ever in a musical about monkeys, I hope I get to be a monkey."
She's got some experience being a monkey, in kindergarten she was a monkey in a play.
That's funny, I thought that I was training my kids to be mine.







4 comments:
These are great - once again funny, funny, funny! Hope I never get hit with a buttersock.
What a treasure you are creating for your children and yourself to look back on. Your kids are a HOOT!
oh, my - the things your kids say.
Yours are quite a bit funnier than mine. keep them coming.
Love it! The butter sock, wizard, and leprechaun comments were my faves.
Post a Comment