Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Mike's New Calling

On Sunday July 11th Mike was sustained as the 2nd counselor in the Bishopric. There were many wonderful and spiritual things that happened leading up to this call, and we feel honored for him to have the chance to serve in this capacity. 



Anyone who knows Mike, knows what a dedicated hard working man he is. He also has a great capacity to care about and love others and I know that this is where the Lord wants him to be.


Our new Bishop, Farrel Martin, and the first counselor, Brother Ron Franklin, are exceptional men and Mike is looking forward to working with them.




As this Sunday rolled around, he found out that he would be conducting. He did a good job, though I could tell that he was nervous. At least his suit coat and pants matched :)

I am fortunate to be married to such a wonderful man who honors his priesthood and sets such a great example for me and for our children. I know that he will settle into this new calling just like he has with many others he has held and that our whole family will be blessed by his service.

11 comments:

Robyn said...

Mike will do a great job--he is such a wonderful person.

CarolAnne said...

Wonderful news! Mike will do well and Kirsten and kids will be great supporters.

Crazy Lees said...

How wonderful for your family! You will all be grately blessed...Mike is married to someone pretty terrific herself! Hey I se I have Psych buddie! We loe that show! Haha! Loved seeing you with old friends. makes me remember some great times!!!! Thanks for being you!

Chaoyi said...

Be strong Kiersten!!
And Mike, I know you will do a great job!

Tina said...

You are fortunate and we are fortunate to have Mike in the bishopric! From my vantage point on Sunday, I could see that you were just a nervous as Mike on Sunday!!! He did a great job!

Tina said...

I was just reading your side-bar . . . . I sat in on Noah's board of review. What an awesome young man he is (which I already knew, but it was re-affirmed)!! We really put him through the gauntlet, he didn't get off easy and came through with flying colors. He'll be Eagle before you know it and he just turned 12!

Unknown said...

Tina, thank you!
I think he is awesome, but it's always nice to hear it from others. Noah is very fired up right now with scouting and has set a goal for himself to become Eagle before he turns 14, I think he is well on his way!

...and I was a little nervous for Mike, you are very observant :)

Bob and Raylene said...

We are also grateful that Mike is and has been righteous priesthood holder. You will all be blessed for supporting him.

lisa said...

What an amazing bishopric they will be. Your ward is blessed. Thank you for being so willing to help him serve! It is going to bless your family.

teviawall said...

Watch out or you guys will be so blessed you will be taken up like the city of Enoch! :)Then how will the rest of us schmucks cope without you guys? You both are really so wonderful. I was so amazed at the way you are raising your children in such a Christ centered home. Mike will do a fantastic job in his calling and he is so fortunate to have an amazing woman behind him to support and love him. kudos to both of you. :)

andrea said...

Wow, it took me a couple of years of grumbling about Andrew's callings before I grew into the attitude that you shared in your post. Thanks for your great example.