Sunday, October 31, 2010

Things our kids say - October

10-1 Anna: The road is so lucky, it gets to get massaged by cars.
10-4 I listened to Grace and Isaac have this conversation after they discovered that Dallin was awake before them this morning.
Grace: I've never heard of Dallin being the first one awake before.
Isaac: I know.
Grace: Maybe that talk yesterday about waking up early got to him...or maybe he just wants us to know he's not as lazy as he seems.

10-5 Isaac: I was born a genius, and I'll stay a genius!
Genius, hard at work!

10-6 We were listening to some music this morning and Tim McGraw's song, "When the Stars Go Blue" was on. There is a lyric that goes, 
Where do you go when you're lonely, where do you go when you're blue, 
where do you go when you're lonely, I'll follow you.
I was singing along and Dallin said, "Oh, I'll follow you? I always thought it said Bartholomew."

10-7 Ok, I know that this doesn't really count, but I'm putting it in here anyway. I had a dream last night and I actually woke up laughing and woke Mike up because I was laughing at something Isaac said in my dream. He said, "There's nobody quite like President Volk. If he had a urinary tract infection what would we do? Maybe go to Brazil, just in case."

10-9 The kids were talking and Grace said something and then said, "that was sarcasm!" Dallin replied, "Grace, you aren't old enough for sarcasm."

10-10 We were discussing Halloween costumes this morning and I suggested that they all pick a traditional halloween thing to be. You know, like, a witch, Frankenstein, a vampire, a ghost, a mummy...
Anna: Oo Oo, I call the mummy!
Noah: I was going to be a mummy.
Isaac: I call the leprechaun!
What?!


10-10 Mike was telling Noah and Dallin about his brother Joe being on the Dean's list and asked them if they knew what the Dean's list was. Noah said, "is it like Craig's list?"


10-15 We hosted a surprise 40th birthday party for our good friend Mike Vance tonight. After it was over I went and got Noah from the neighbor's house. As we were walking home he said, "So how did it go? Did you have fun?" I told him that we had a great time. He said, "What did you do?" I told him that we ate food and talked. His response, "That's it!...I wonder if that will be fun to me when I'm 40."
We didn't even have balloons at the party, I wonder how he would feel about that!

10-17 This took place in primary today. Whoever was giving sharing time said something about your mom and her favorite plate.
Dallin (to his teacher): Why would my mom have a favorite plate?
Dallin's teacher, Sister Sanchez: Well maybe because it was given to her by her favorite son Dallin.
Dallin: I'm not her favorite son...yet, but I have a plan.
10-17 We went to the "Why I Believe" fireside at the temple visitor's center tonight and as we were walking into the Visitor's center Dallin said, "I wish we lived here." I asked him why and he said, "because then we would be so close to the temple and we would get to see all the stuff in here all the time."

10-18 Grace and Anna were playing and I heard Anna say, "Grace don't start the orphanage without me!"
10-21 When talking about our Halloween costumes with Isaac, we are doing Peter Pan this year, Isaac asked me, "will we really be able to fly?"
Sorry kid, I'm fresh out of pixie dust :)


10-24 Grace: Mom can I practice the piano today?
Of course!


10-24 Part of Noah's prayer... "we are thankful to learn from our mistakes and make new ones."

10-25 I was taking Isaac's pop tarts out of the toaster and he asked, "did they hotten?"


10-26 Anna: Mom can I please do my homework, please?
What kind of question is that!

10-27 Noah: Mom how would you react if a ufo landed in our back yard? Would you wake Dad up and tell him?


10-27 Grace was so excited to tell us something she got to do at school today.
"We got to listen to a record player!" When Mike told her we have a record player she said, "We do?! Where is it? Can I see it?"


10-28 Isaac came in from playing outside and showed us a scrape on his face. Grandma: What happened? Did you get hit by something?
Isaac: I got hit by some road.
10-28 Isaac: Skittles have no limits. You can eat them for breakfast or lunch or whenever.

10-28 Isaac had his window down in the car today and when he put his arm out he said, "now everyone will see my big huge arm hair."

10-29 Noah: Mom look what I can do. I can get this candy stick in my nose without using my hands.
My kids are so talented!
Lucky my camera is always close by so I could catch him in action...crazy!

4 comments:

Robyn said...

This post never disappoints. Your kids are hilarious and adorable. And man, that Dallin, what a looker. Holy moly.

Bob and Raylene said...

Good for laughs, as always. And I actually got to be there for some of them, cool!

Joel (Bob) and Dresden said...

Kiersten, these are so great. I love your kids, miss them...

Julia Harps said...

makes me laugh every time! thanks for sharing. :)