Monday, December 6, 2010

This will embarrass Mike...but I'm doing it anyway!

Yesterday the D.C. National Guard had it's 2010 Annual Awards and Decorations Ceremony.
Mike was the recipient of the Major General Calvin G. Franklin Leadership Award.


This award recognizes the accomplishments of junior officers in the grade of Major or Captain that demonstrated the highest qualities of leadership in their duty performance.
Pretty cool!
We are so proud of him and glad that others can see what an amazing person he is.

Love you honey
...hope this didn't embarrass you too much :)

8 comments:

LeeAnn said...

That is so awesome! Congrats to Mike. He is the type of man nd leader that the military/world needs!

Jason and Amy said...

Wow Mike! That comes as no suprise as we know that you're just that kind of guy! Congrats for the recognition and a job well done Bud!

Bob and Raylene said...

That is wonderful, Mike. We are proud of you! Congratulations.

andrea said...

Way to go, Mike. And thanks for sharing the good news, Kiersten.

Stephanie said...

That's awesome! Congrats!

Joel (Bob) and Dresden said...

Gadzooks! That is wonderful. I am sure they couldn't have picked a better recipient for this award. Great going, Mike, i am sure you deserved it.

-Bob

Chaoyi said...

I can't imagine the award goes to anyone else, Mike, you have always been the kind of person to do your best at everything. I am so happy for you!

teviawall said...

Pretty impressive! Kiersten, how do you keep from bursting with excessive joy and pride when you look upon your amazing family? I don't know anyone that deserves as much awesomeness as you do. I am happy for Mike and that he was given such an amazing award and honor. Keep up the good work Isom Family! Next up, President of the United States of America, Mike Isom!!! :)