Thursday, July 28, 2011

Long Live the Queen

My Grandma (she's 95 years old!) was selected as the DUP (Daughters of the Utah Pioneers) Queen of Days of 47.
Here she is with her attendants
She attended a Pioneer Day fireside where she was introduced to Elder Holland.
She also went to her first rodeo in many years for an appearance.
And of course she got to ride in the parade on Monday.
She said it was fun but exhausting. My uncle said that she was acting like a "giddy school girl"... and I say why not! I'm so happy for her.
As you can tell, my Grandma is a purple lover too :)

9 comments:

Robyn said...

That must be the cutest thing I have ever seen. Go Grandma!

Cunningham Blog said...

Fun! Love the purple.

Bob and Raylene said...

Thanks for the post. You did a terrific job - as usual!

Andrea said...

That is awesome! She looks so tiny and loveable.

CarolAnne said...

Your grandma looks so pretty! The top picture is so nice and I hope you all wil get to have a copy of it. Joe's kids said she was ringing a little bell while riding on the float and when she saw her grandkids and greats along the parade route, she rang the bell louder and waved to them. What a wonderful experience for her!

Jason and Amy said...

Oh I just want to sqeeze her with a huge hug. She is beautiful and looks fabulous in purple, as do you! What an honor.

Julia Harps said...

cool!

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

That is just the coolest thing ever!

Jana said...

That is awesome!