Tuesday, July 26, 2011

To Be a Pioneer

Our family had the opportunity to participate in a Pioneer Day fireside at the Washington D.C. temple visitor's center this past Saturday.
Aren't we cute!



The music and spoken word presented were great. It was fun to be a part of it. I especially loved watching my kids. 
Here's a little dance they did



You probably noticed that Noah was missing from that first picture, he didn't think he should be in it because he wasn't in pioneer clothes, but we had to get one with him anyway.
He watched from the audience...and manned the video camera.
He was at scout camp for the first rehearsal and honestly, I didn't think he would have wanted to do it anyway, since he is getting older. I was surprised when after it was over he told me that he wished he would have been in it and that it felt weird to watch us perform without him. I asked him if he wanted me to force him to do whatever comes next and he said, yes! Love that kid :)

We got an extra fun treat after the fireside. Our good friends the Fishers live here in Maryland, but we haven't been able to get together with them. We met them about 12 years ago while living in Monterey California. 
Anyway, I let them know about the fireside and they canceled all their plans for the evening ;) and came and watched it (mostly because I bribed Chaoyi with a zucchini from my garden, kidding!)





After the fireside we all went out for treats. It was so fun catching up with them in person rather than through blogs and facebook, though I'm so glad to have those means of keeping in touch.


I can't wait to get together with them again, I know we'll have so much fun!




...oh and I have to say how honored I felt to be the first contact Chaoyi entered into her new phone :)

3 comments:

Bob and Raylene said...

Startiling to see a fmily photo without Noah. Glad he was there and manning the camera.

Jason and Amy said...

Okay you SWEET and MOST WONDERFUL TRUE FRIEND...I have been so behind in posting comments to your super cool blog. It's all I can do to sit at the computer and get caught up on mine since being gone this summer. I know you understand. I LOVE following your blog and all that you guys and gals do. My kids loved watching the little video of the dance and loved seeing your kids in their costumes. You all look fantastic! Miss ya and love you. So great to see pictures of Chaoyi. Man she looks the same, beautiful as ever. Two stunning women for sure!

Andrew said...

ok, you are a diligent blogger, never miss a beat!! Indeed, I only showed up for the zucchini, and now it's gone!
You may FedEx me another.