Saturday, January 21, 2012

Our new 12 year old!

Hard to believe that we are at another milestone birthday already!


on Jan 17th 
Dallin turned 12


Breakfast request...omelet with bacon

his 12 wishes...
game day (no surprise there!)
no chores (another shocker!)
have me download Cotton-eyed Joe
lick the beater from his birthday cookies
have Grace set the table
get his drink to the very top of his glass
sit on his knees while he eats dinner 
(you can probably guess that we are always telling him to sit on his bum, oh and his request for dinner was tacos again, with rootbeer and Sprite)
 I find it a little silly that he is only wearing one sock :)

everyone dance to Cotton-eyed Joe after dinner

even Sasha got in on the action...and yes Mike and I joined in, but sadly for you there are no pictures of that :)

have the cookies and ice cream before presents
(he chose to have oatmeal raisin cookies in the shape of a 12 instead of cake...I had never made oatmeal raisin cookies, so I found a recipe and gave it a try)...and what a good lookin' kid! Sorry, just had to say it :)


light all his candles

he tried to be funny after the first bite and make me think he didn't like them, then he said they were very delicious.


and his last wish of the day
to have mom scratch his back :)

Since it was his 12th birthday that means that he gets the day with Mom and Dad. I picked him up from school early and he came home and played some video games. Then we went to lunch, he chose the Golden Corral.
yum...cotton candy!
We went shopping and we got our pictures in the photo booth 
(a tradition I started with Noah.)


Mike was going to take him bowling but we didn't plan very well and there was no open bowling that day until 9pm :( So...Mike and Dallin are going to make up for that another day.



This year for birthdays we are trying to simplify things (I don't know if it will last past this year, but we are trying it.) The kids will get their current favorite candy, a book and one gift...and of course they will get their wishes and whatever the grandparents and others send. I'm happy to say that Dallin didn't complain at all.
*kind of a failure here...he told me Milk Duds, but when he saw them, he realized that he meant rolos (he still happily ate the Milk Duds.)
With the book...it's one he asked for a month ago, so I bought it and saved it...in the mean time (unbeknownst to me) he got it from the school library and read it, so we'll probably have to go get him another book...oh well, live and learn!


He was very happy with his banana chair thingy that apparently doubles as a hat

...and speaking of hats...Grandma and Grandpa Bush sent him a gift and he opened it while Skyping with them.
He loves it!! 
He had a great day and we enjoyed spoiling him a little!

6 comments:

Bob and Raylene said...

Great birthday! Love all the pictures and the wishes. It is good that you are scaling back on birthday presents. Hopefully that will produce less greedy children. We are delighted that he liked his dreadlocks hat. How in the world did you use it in primary? Last thought - absolutely right, he is a very good looking kid - no, young man!

Jason and Amy said...

Hahahaha...sitting on the knees at the dinner (breakfast and lunch too) table must be something He and Kadin have in common...ugh! I love the look that Anna has on her face with Noah looking at her with the cookies all light up and ready to be blown out. Happy Birthday to a SWEET AND WONDERFUL...and GREAT LOOKING GUY!

Jana said...

Happy Birthday! Love the hat and the cookies looked very yummy.

teviawall said...

Dallin is a handsome boy! That is so funny that he asked to kneel at dinner. I am constantly telling my kids to sit on their bums!

You do a great job of documenting the life of your family! Great work lady. :)

LeeAnn said...

Great Kid. Great Birthday day. Great Hat! Halloween costume in the making!

Chaoyi said...

He is seriously handsome! But I protest that you did not post a picture of you and Mike dancing, what a rip off!