Some Valentine's Day stuff
©Flowers from Mike©
He knows that the iris is my favorite flower.
So pretty, thanks honey!
©Bum bread ©
I tried to be a creative fun mom and make some heart shaped rolls for the kids. That way they could have Valentine sandwiches for dinner while Mike took me out.
I colored the dough pink and then tried to shape the rolls like hearts. They kept splitting and they looked pretty funny. The kids all thought they looked like bums! We had a good laugh over it.
Usually in our house "bum bread" is the end of the loaf, or the heel of the loaf. I'm not sure why we call it bum bread, other than I think I grew up calling it that. Anyway, now it took on a whole new meaning, ha ha!
...I think the fact that they were pink made it worse...just sayin!
Grace also laughed when I buttered them, she thought the shiny bums were funny!
...I think the fact that they were pink made it worse...just sayin!
Grace also laughed when I buttered them, she thought the shiny bums were funny!
I will say though that they tasted great J
©The Prime Street Grille ©
We kept it pretty simple this year, no gifts (except the flowers of course.) Mike took me to dinner at a nice place here in town. He had been there once for a business dinner, but I had never been. He thought it would be a good place to go for our Valentines date. It even has purple on the walls.
Anyway, the service was excellent and the food was delicious. I think we we definitely go back.
I had a filet (shocker) and Mike had stuffed rockfish.
For our dessert we had a strawberry crème brûlée...I guess I was too excited to eat it, so there is no picture of that. It was good, but I think I prefer the regular crème brûlée.
It was a pretty good Valentine's Day. The younger kids had fun looking at the Valentines they got from school, and they said that they Angry Bird Valentines were a hit! They also enjoyed all the candy of course.




8 comments:
"Bum" Rolls... LOVE it. (L.O.L.)
It sounds like a fantastic Valentines Day! Reading about your 'Date Night' with Mike, has encouraged me to find a babysitter in our new area... asap. It's been toooooo long since Scott & I have been out together, alone.
Love the Bum Rolls. They do look like they'd be tasty. I think I want what you had for dinner as well...yummy.
Fun Valentine post. I did get a preview.
Bum rolls! Too cute!
Hubby and I tried that new wing place . . . the wings are good BUT romantic IT IS NOT! Too noisy . . . we had to yell at each other to be heard. I'll bet we spent less than you though ;) it was 45 cent a wing night!!!! (not that we had planned on being so cheap!)
Prime Street Grill is yummy. Only been there once but I do need to take Dunae and go back! Double Date?
Tina, I bet you did spend quite a bit less than us, ha ha!
LeeAnn, we are always up for a double date with you guys!
Love the bum bread! Bret laughed when I showed him and said those were pretty cool and Enok kept wanting to look at them too. I'm glad you had a nice valentine's dinner. I always love eating yummy stuff. We are lucky to enjoy such bounty and freedom here in the states! (just watched a movie that helped remind me how good we have it here!)
Love the bum rolls.
Just wondering which Mike gave you the flowers? :)
Post a Comment