Anna's project to celebrate the 100th day of school.
I got the great idea from my friend Frances, who's daughter Lilian luckily had her 100th day a few days before us and so I could steal borrow her idea.
Anna loved doing this project. While we were coloring she just kept saying, "This is fun!" and "I love this!"
Anna loved doing this project. While we were coloring she just kept saying, "This is fun!" and "I love this!"
I had her draw 10 different girls then we outlined them with a Sharpie and made 10 copies of each girl. Then Anna chose colors for each girl and Grace and I helped her color them all. Then for extra fun we took one of the girls out and replaced it with an individual girl that Anna drew to look like her and put it in the mix...kind of like Where's Waldo.
Did you find Anna?
If not...here she is :)
*I have to say that the only thing that was disappointing was that she came home from her 100th day in tears. Why? you may ask...well it turns out that they ran out of time and she didn't get to present her project...she was so sad. It kind of frustrates me that her teacher didn't plan better. Kids get so excited about stuff like this. I'm not sure if it's true or not, but she told me that she was the only one who didn't get to present their project...and honestly whether it's true or not, it's the way she saw it, and the way she felt.
...didn't mean to end on a negative note...sorry!
**UPDATE**
Just wanted to let you know that Anna was able to present her project in class 2 days later (I'm sure it would have been the next day, but they didn't have school that day) ...I still hold to my statement though, that teachers shouldn't tell the kids that they will all present on THE day and then not follow through.
**UPDATE**
Just wanted to let you know that Anna was able to present her project in class 2 days later (I'm sure it would have been the next day, but they didn't have school that day) ...I still hold to my statement though, that teachers shouldn't tell the kids that they will all present on THE day and then not follow through.


8 comments:
Adorable! I'd be bugged too. You can't assign projects, and then not let the kids present them. lame
That was adorable. Tell her that ot will be OK because all the really important people that she would like to see it will see it right here! Sorry that she was sad. She looks cute even when she is pouty.
So cute. I might just have to steal that idea for next year. :)
Bummer that she didn't get to show the class. :(
That is such a great idea! I might have to steal it for one of my other two. : ) And huge bummer she didn't get to present!
I loved this idea when I saw it on Frances' blog too. Anna's turned out GREAT as well, but oh... my heart hurts that she didn't get to present it. (HUGS, to her!)
Anna's turned out so great!! I loved this project. Lilian came home disappointed that day too but for a different reason. She thought others had way better projects than hers. I asked her "like what?" Well... "Lyndsay brought in 100 mixed nuts and we got to eat them!" Ugh...dumb me, why did we spend all that time coloring and cutting; should have just sent her to school with a jar of nuts!!
Love this idea. I agree with you. If it's that important that the teacher wants the kids to bring something in or make something then it's that important for them to be able to share with the whole class on the appointed day.
WOW! I think my kids took a bag full of lucky charms or something like that . . . . .
Super cute idea!
Post a Comment