Friday, March 2, 2012

Things our kids say - February

2-3 Isaac: I feel sad for the Celsius people...it's a lot colder for them.
Grace: It's actually the same temperature Isaac.

2-5 Isaac's teacher at church asked him today what blessings does your family get for being righteous. His answer..."we get to be baptized and have an awesome mom!"


Oh...I love this awesome kid!

2-5 Random comment from Dallin: I'm going to memorize the McCammon's license plate.

2-10 Dallin was complaining that he couldn't have an apple for his snack anymore because of his tooth. I told him that all he has to do is cut it and then he can have it. His response... "but that takes the joy out of it!"
This kid really loves apples!

2-12 Talking to some people at church Isaac said, "My mom's not old yet, she's 40...She's almost old, but not yet...50 is old!"

2-13 Grace: Mom, why did we wait until today to start making our Valentines?

Dallin: Because we are a procrastinating family!

...I hate that he's right, gotta work on that...tomorrow ;)

2-15 Tonight the Christmas card that was chosen to include in our family prayer was my brother Greg and his wife Blythe. If you aren't familiar with this tradition of ours you can read more about it here. Anyway, when the card was brought over Noah looked at it and said, "she's great because she'll go along with anything crazy that he does."
...How did he guess that this card was Greg's idea :)


2-17 Isaac was trying to think of who to choose for his Black History month project. I started listing off some people, one of whom was Michael Jackson, and the kids stopped me and said, "He's not black"

Then Anna said, "You should do Darth Vader, he's black"
(FYI: he ended up doing Condoleezza Rice)



2-17 Making lunches this morning and Isaac requested peanut butter. Anna said, "Ew, peanut butter was not meant to be eaten!"


2-17 Dallin: Mom, which song is better...The Imperial March, The Lord of the Rings theme, or the Star Wars main theme?

2-17 Noah: I don't know, but to me facebook seems like a place to either get people to feel sorry for you, or to brag...well not you mom...but most people...I'm just sayin' that's what it seems like.
Guess I should get on there and brag that Noah can solve the Rubik's cube :)

2-19 This morning while getting ready for church I had some music on, like I usually do. The hymn "More Holiness Give Me" came on and when it was almost done Noah jokingly said, "Man, he's selfish...he just keeps asking for more more more..." 

2-23 Tonight at dinner Anna said, "Mom, next time you make noodles...like ramen noodles or something, I'm going to say...'These noodles are so buoyant!' "
I smiled and said, "Really, why?"
She proudly said, "because buoyant means that they float!"
I'm pretty sure that she knows what adorable means too.

2-24 Noah bought a CTR spinner ring and it was not spinning very well, he asked Mike for some DSW to lubricate it...

Ah...made me laugh, I know he meant WD40.


2-28 Tonight we were having ice cream sandwiches and Isaac accidentally dropped his on the kitchen floor. He quickly picked it up claimed the 5 second rule...I had to veto that though and I think he agreed when he saw that it was covered in dog hair!


2-28 Grace: Mom, when I was singing a song today in chorus a lot of my friends said I sounded like a teenager when I was singing!
I'm glad that she's not quite ready to be a teenager yet though and that she still loves her little girl toys...LPS (Littlest Pet Shop) in particular :)

5 comments:

teviawall said...

Wow, that picture of Anna is superb. I loved it!

All the cute sayings are fun too, but that picture wins the cake in this post. Nicely done. She is a great subject, adorable indeed.

Bob and Raylene said...

My favorite this time was to choose Darth Vader for Black history month. Love all the photos and the hysterical comments. And yes Isaac is right, he gets an awesome mom.

Nanette said...

I know it has nothing to do with what the kids said, but I LOVE the picture of Anna!

Unknown said...

I LOVE this segment you do. It is so fun and always cracks me up!

Frances said...

I love these Kiersten.