Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Boys outside, Girls inside

This past weekend Mike took the boys on the annual Father/Son campout (or Annual Aaronic Priesthood Commemoration Overnighter...that's a mouthful!)
He felt like our 3 boys wouldn't keep him busy enough so he also took the 4 boys of my friend Nanette. Her husband was away on military assignment and it was her birthday.


They all had a great time. Isaac was a little late to the camp out because of the talent show, but he said it was ok because he still got to roast marshmallows and have some s'mores :)



After we dropped Isaac off at the camp the girls and I went for frosty's and then came home and snuggled in my bed watching Ella Enchanted. The next morning we got up and went to Mimi's Cafe for breakfast. 
It was a fun busy weekend!

5 comments:

Bob and Raylene said...

Father/Son - Mother/Daughter bonding. They are fun and so important.

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

Don't tell the boys, but I think you got the better end of the deal.

teviawall said...

so, who do you bribe to take pix of your boys at camp? And that camp spot must be pretty close to where you live. Our men/boys have to go about an hour forty-five minuets to camp. No way I would run a kid up there after a talent show!!:)

Looks like everyone had a great weekend.

Unknown said...

Tev, I have been able to train Mike not to come home without pictures :) I don't always get a lot, but at least I get some!
Also, our camp is about 10-15 minutes from our house, so it wasn't to bad running Isaac up there :)

Jason and Amy said...

Love those Father son camp outs. I love that the "guys" get that time together as well as us "girls". I don't love the smell they all bring back with them from the camp fire.