Thursday, May 31, 2012

Things our kids say - May

5-7 I overheard Anna accuse Isaac of cheating and his response was, "that's not cheating, it's using your resources!"
...Oh boy!

5-8 Anna: Do you run or jog a half-marathon?
Mom: Some people run, some jog, some do a little of both and some walking too.
Anna: Can you skip?
Mom: I guess if you wanted to...


5-11 Anna: Can I have this quarter?
Isaac: What state is it?
Anna: United.
Isaac: It's mine.

5-12 After I gave blood today I walked out and Grace said, "I'm surprised you're not all pale." Anna asked, "Can I still hug you?"

5-12 I was trying to get Isaac to take a shower tonight and he didn't want to. I asked him again nicely and as a last resort I reminded him that tomorrow was Mother's Day. He said, "Oh you're right, hmm...you got me!" Then he went and took a shower.

5-14 The kids were talking tonight at the table about jokes. Someone (I can't remember who) asked why the chicken crossed the road. There were a few things said, but I heard Anna say, "Maybe the chicken is related to Ron Paul."
Who knows, ha ha! This girl loves to be silly!
5-15 Our new Clearplay machine was delivered today and Noah brought it in the house.
Noah: Mom is this a new machine or just a repair?
Mom: It's a brand new machine.
Noah: So is it new?

5-15 Dallin: I learned today that Joan of Arc isn't one word...it's 3!
That's my boy :)
5-15 Dallin: I always have to go to the bathroom during dinner time clean-up...I don't know why?
Hmm...I bet I do ;)

5-15 Dallin: Mom can you buy me a horse?
Me: No.
Dallin: If I win a horse at a carnival, will you let me keep it?
Me: Sure
Noah: You can't win a horse at a carnival.
Dallin: Maybe if they run out of goldfish they'll start giving away horses.
Noah: I don't think so.
Dallin: Probably in Texas somewhere they would!


5-15 Grace crouched up on the floor and said, "Hey mom, is this the fatal position?" I asked her did she mean "fetal" and she said, "What's that?"

5-17 I was listening to a song that is sung in Italian and Isaac said, "Do you know what he's saying? How do you know he's not saying a bad word? Maybe he's saying a cuss word."

5-19 Anna: I wish I liked peanut butter, then my hair would grow faster!

5-19 Dallin: Mom, look! I made the tri-force out of pizza.
5-26 Grace: Funner is more fun to say than more fun.
5-27 I said something and added "and all that jazz" to the end of it and Dallin said, "Ooh, I like jazz!"


5-29 Noah: You don't have to kill a chicken to eat chicken. You can just eat an egg.
5-31 Isaac: Mom, can we have the day off school tomorrow to celebrate that there are only seven days of school left?

5 comments:

Jason and Amy said...

Smarty-Tarty's each one of them!
Oh, and so much "funner" too!

Bob and Raylene said...

There are some good ones there. I just don't get the Ron Paul thing.

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

FUnny stuff. Sadly tell your kids that they do not give away horses in Texas either.

LeeAnn said...

I understand Dallin's bathroom issues when it comes to dish duty time. I spent many a thinb twiddling moments in the bathroom waiting for my sister to clear the table before I would join her for the rest of dish duty. Hated clearing the table. Still do!

Stephanie said...

I love Isaac's school comment at the end! Your kids are getting so big.